Windows 10: why is my computer 'news page' no longer written in english?

Discus and support why is my computer 'news page' no longer written in english? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The 'news page' on my computer is no longer written in English? Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnGill3, Sep 30, 2019.

1. AnnGill3 Win User

why is my computer 'news page' no longer written in english?

The 'news page' on my computer is no longer written in English? Why?

:)

AnnGill3, Sep 30, 2019

2. The PC no longer displays in English but has reverted to Chinese as the Display language.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, do let us know if you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue. Also, did you try removing and re-installing English language pack?

Meanwhile, just to make sure English is selected, I would suggest you to try the steps below and let us know the result.

Step 1:

-Press Windows key + Spacebar and see which language is selected.

Step 2:

-Press Windows key + I to open settings

-Click time and language

-Click region and language and check the language selected. Also, if Chinese is listed, see if you can remove it.

Step 3:

-Press Windows key + R

-Type control /name Microsoft.Language and press enter to open language settings.

- Make sure English is set as the default language. Also, see if it is moved to the top.

Do let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Help, half Chinese, half English Computer.....

Hi,

If you want to change the language on your computer from Chinese to English, then you need to install the language pack of your preferred language. To do that, follow these easy steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language, then click
      Region & language
    • Under Languages, click Add a language, then select
      English.

In case it is still showing in Chinese language, you can follow these other steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard, then select Control Panel.
    • Go to Clock, Language, and Region, then select Language.
    • Next, click Advanced settings, then under Override for Windows display language, you will get the language option to select.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marque Lor, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Bad Bat Win User

How do I set this new Surface Book Pro up so the default system language is English?

Original Title - Windows 10 Language List

We recently purchased a Surface Book Pro. The person setting up the machine accidentally set the default language to French. After a bit of French to English translation (web tool) I was able to get all of the language settings back to English. However,
    when I go to Settings > Region & Language the language is set to "English (United States) Windows display language (override)". On another Surface Book Pro (set up using English as the language choice) the language is set to "English (United States) Windows
    display language. The "(override)" portion is not present in the second (English setup) Surface Book Pro.

Back to the Surface Book Pro set up using French. If I click on Additional date, time & regional settings > language I land on the change you language preferences page. English (United States) is the only language displayed. When I click on the Options link
    (right side of the row) I see that English (United States) Window display language is listed as Enabled (override). If I click on Change override I am taken to the Advanced Settings screen where I see the Override for Windows Display Language under which is
    a comment "If you want to use a display language that's different than the one determined by the order of your language list, choose it here". I then select the drop down menu and I am presented with "Use language list (recommended), francais (France), and
    English (United States).

I want to remove francais (France) from my language list, however, I have been unsuccessful in finding out how to remove the language from the Surface Book Pro. I have tried all kinds of steps suggested in multiple forums, however, in most cases when the
    suggested fix says I should now see French, or francais(France), all I see is English.

Question: How do I set this new Surface Book Pro up so the default system language is English? ... or ... How do I remove the French language pack from the Surface Book Pro so I no longer get the "Windows display language (override)" message?

Bad Bat, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. why is my computer 'news page' no longer written in english? - Similar Threads - why computer 'news

2. On My Feed page with current news, etc. I no longer see Comments section for any of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On My Feed page with current news, etc. I no longer see Comments section for any of the...: The comments section or ability to make a comment often have insights not provided in the article so I often find it very useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-feed-page-with-current-news-etc-i-no-longer/92fabd5d-5931-434a-a239-1a952c5e2bdb
  3. On My Feed page with current news, etc. I no longer see Comments section for any of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On My Feed page with current news, etc. I no longer see Comments section for any of the...: The comments section or ability to make a comment often have insights not provided in the article so I often find it very useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-feed-page-with-current-news-etc-i-no-longer/92fabd5d-5931-434a-a239-1a952c5e2bdb
  4. Why my keyboard laptop Chinese but my computer english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my keyboard laptop Chinese but my computer english: I been wondering this for a long time like why is it Chinese the original os is english so am not technically sure what going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-keyboard-laptop-chinese-but-my-computer/2c458b5c-d8f2-485d-9677-e8664f5c163a
  5. Why my keyboard laptop Chinese but my computer english

Why my keyboard laptop Chinese but my computer english: I been wondering this for a long time like why is it Chinese the original os is english so am not technically sure what going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-keyboard-laptop-chinese-but-my-computer/2c458b5c-d8f2-485d-9677-e8664f5c163a
  6. News Feed on my Edge home page

News Feed on my Edge home page: I think I have it figured out, I can't remove the News feed off my page, so, why not change my Browser to , say Fire Fox, or, Brave as an example. I think I'll go back to my Firefox, My Home page there is my own! No need for an answer, I probably won' t see it! Thank you...
  7. Edge - Home Screen News are Now in English?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Home Screen News are Now in English?: Last two days now the news on my home screen in Edge (the new one) is in english and not my native language. Windows, Edge settings and home page language is all set to my region so this is not the problem. It happened like two days ago and it only affects the 'My News'...
  8. Lost my written password for my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost my written password for my computer.: I lost my written password for my computer. Can I recover it? Or an I reset it somehow, and get a a replacement password? At this time I rely on my picture option alone to log in to my computer....
  9. pages not in english

in Windows 10 Customization
    pages not in english: Rewards partial English and the rest in some foreign language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-not-in-english/79c046a6-682c-4bd7-a0f9-e80617e58922
  10. windows 10 news page & search page ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 news page & search page ?: Is light & dark the only theme you have to choose from ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-news-page-search-page/1a4eb670-9658-49a0-8ad7-0a2ae5e758dc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer bring up news articles in another language

2. My computer is no longer in the English

3. HOW TO GET THE NEWS BACK TO ENGLISH ON MY COMPUTER