Windows 10: why is my computer showing no input or output devices

Discus and support why is my computer showing no input or output devices in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help turning my sound back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billblakeman, Feb 12, 2019.

1. why is my computer showing no input or output devices

I need help turning my sound back on

:)

billblakeman, Feb 12, 2019

2. No Output/Input Device.

no fix output and input device please help me

MurkilalPanchta, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Anglachel Win User
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Hello!

Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game.
    Looking into my Steam settings, I found that all my input devices were actually my output devices, and all my output devices were actually input devices. I initially thought this was an issue with Steam, so I restarted Steam and my PC.
    However, when the problem did not resolve, I looked to my sound settings and found that even in there, my playback devices detected inputs as outputs and recording devices detected outputs as inputs.

How am I able to fix this problem?

why is my computer showing no input or output devices [​IMG]

why is my computer showing no input or output devices [​IMG]

The VoiceMeeter inputs and outputs are from a sound managing device called VoiceMeeter Banana that I installed to allow for the creation of virtual line ins.

Anglachel, Feb 12, 2019
  4. why is my computer showing no input or output devices

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

why is my computer showing no input or output devices

1. why is my computer showing no input or output devices - Similar Threads - why computer showing

2. Why are all of my input and output devices gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are all of my input and output devices gone?: So basically, when i started up my laptop this morning, all of my output devices and input devices were gone, and my volume slider thing in the taskbar had the volume icon but with an X, meaning that there was no output or input devices. My audio on my HyperX headphones...
  3. Why are all of my input and output devices gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are all of my input and output devices gone?: So basically, when i started up my laptop this morning, all of my output devices and input devices were gone, and my volume slider thing in the taskbar had the volume icon but with an X, meaning that there was no output or input devices. My audio on my HyperX headphones...
  4. Why is my computer say no input or output deviced?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer say no input or output deviced?: I ran a troubleshoot and updated my computer. Nothing has worked I have no sound and no microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-say-no-input-or-output-deviced/66185f85-a5b7-497c-9880-41da6b6e66c9
  5. Why is my computer say no input or output deviced?

Why is my computer say no input or output deviced?: I ran a troubleshoot and updated my computer. Nothing has worked I have no sound and no microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-say-no-input-or-output-deviced/66185f85-a5b7-497c-9880-41da6b6e66c9
  6. No input or output device is installed

No input or output device is installed: My pc is running normally everyday but yesterday suddenly audio had gone.I checked all parameter relates to hardware and software but i couldn't find any solution.Speaker setup shows - unknownAnd when i install realtek driver it cause BSOD error What can i do now ?...
  7. No input or output device is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No input or output device is installed: My pc is running normally everyday but yesterday suddenly audio had gone.I checked all parameter relates to hardware and software but i couldn't find any solution.Speaker setup shows - unknownAnd when i install realtek driver it cause BSOD error What can i do now ?...
  8. No input or output device.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No input or output device.: My laptop had this weird update, and after the update my laptop crashed a few times. Then after that when I finally logged on, my laptop had no input or output devices. And what I mean is, there is no default sound system where, just as the laptop, it can produce sounds. My...
  9. No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!: My mic is no longer working and when I looked at the settings, there are no devices shown. Can anyone help walk me through re-installing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-outputinput-devices-are-showing-in-my-sound/bb7cb2f0-a384-43a1-99f8-86241472b969
  10. No input and output devices.

No input and output devices.: Sound not working after the update. Troubleshooter displaying no audio device installed. I tried updating and reinstalling the sound drivers but nothing changed. I observed that after every updating something starts malfunctioning. It's a lattitud E6430....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are my output device and input?

2. my voicemeeter output not appearing in hardware input

3. no input or output devices

4. no output in my computer,
  5. no output to computer,
  6. output showing in input,
  7. windows 10 why no input devives,
  8. no output no input,
  9. windows debugging which input device is down