Windows 10: Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up

Discus and support Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/silviastark [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/silviastark, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up

/u/silviastark, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 4, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up [​IMG]

Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up

1. Why is my computer showing this screen when i start it up - Similar Threads - Why computer showing

2. Why is my computer showing this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer showing this screen?: Idk what I fid but my vomputer is showing this screen yesterday and idk how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-showing-this-screen/c23c2415-fcdf-40c5-a9fa-ab2dad8b7601
  3. Why is my computer showing this screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer showing this screen?: Idk what I fid but my vomputer is showing this screen yesterday and idk how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-showing-this-screen/c23c2415-fcdf-40c5-a9fa-ab2dad8b7601
  4. Why isn't my computer starting up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my computer starting up?: I tried turning on my computer, but it went to a blank black screen. I'm not getting the startup, I pressed esc, F2, f9, f10, and f11 repeatedly, but still nothing, and since it boots me into the black screen, I can't enter advanced startup. I'm using an HP Windows 10 laptop...
  5. Why isn't my computer starting up?

Why isn't my computer starting up?: I tried turning on my computer, but it went to a blank black screen. I'm not getting the startup, I pressed esc, F2, f9, f10, and f11 repeatedly, but still nothing, and since it boots me into the black screen, I can't enter advanced startup. I'm using an HP Windows 10 laptop...
  6. Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?: I'm a PC user meaning I don't use a laptop. When I bought Windows 10 Home for my computer I had a few issues with it like BSOD, but they eventually stopped. One day, when I was on it, I removed a speaker USB from my motherboardI didn't have a case at the time and it just shut...
  7. Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?

Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?: I'm a PC user meaning I don't use a laptop. When I bought Windows 10 Home for my computer I had a few issues with it like BSOD, but they eventually stopped. One day, when I was on it, I removed a speaker USB from my motherboardI didn't have a case at the time and it just shut...
  8. Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why won't my computer start up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why won't my computer start up?: What I want to do - use my computer. What I must do - endure several slides from Microsoft insisting that I use or enable services or features I didn't ask for, don't want, or am able to find on my own. Why must I endure this? Because some pinhead VP in marketing has been...
  10. computer screen is black when i start it up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer screen is black when i start it up: every time i boot up my laptop, the screen is black but the screen is still showing light. My pc froze when i hit the windows button last night so i decided to just turn it off with the power button, but now i'm worried becuase i can't get my computer to work. I have not...