Windows 10: Why is my computer shutting down on me several times a day? Has never done this before.

Discus and support Why is my computer shutting down on me several times a day? Has never done this before. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This week May 2021 all of a sudden my desktop computer is shutting down not going to sleep - it is fully shutting down when I step away for a short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gizmochallenged, May 10, 2021.

1. Why is my computer shutting down on me several times a day? Has never done this before.

This week May 2021 all of a sudden my desktop computer is shutting down not going to sleep - it is fully shutting down when I step away for a short period to tend to something in the house or take a phone call or similar. Was there some kind of an update or a change by Microsoft this week? How do I fix this? It is so annoying to reboot my computer 5 or 6 times a day. I am a computer challenged senior lady and have an older Dell desktop, Windows 10 and I am set up for automatic updates. Microsoft Edge is my browser. Any ideas?

:)

gizmochallenged, May 10, 2021

2. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I
    happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut down the computer every night.

Recently, for the past week, I have been putting the computer to sleep every night instead and I have not crashed once. Even after restarting the computer to install several programs I believed to have been causing the
    issue.

System Specs:

• MSI B450I motherboard
    • Nvidia RTX 3070
    • 16GB of RAM DDR4 3600
    • AMD 3600 Processor

Troubleshooting steps:

• Cleaned the registry with CCleaner
    • Tested Memory several times, no issues found
    • Ran sfc /scannow, there was no corruption
    • disabled all non essential startup processes and services, all the windows ones are active
    • Updated all my hardware drivers, including video card and system board
    • Ran stress tests of CPU, GPU, and Memory
    • Replaced GTX 970 GPU

martinmorales2, May 10, 2021
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 10, 2021
  4. yland1 Win User

Why is my computer shutting down on me several times a day? Has never done this before.

Computer Shutting Down

Hello - can anyone help with this problem please?

My computer is shutting down periodically, but its getting more regular. On some days it can shut down several times in the day, and then go for several days without shutting down. Things I've checked;

The load is usually around 35%

The temperature reaches around 48 degrees but normally is around 40 degrees

In the event viewer I have 3 critical reports;

• 41 Kernel - Power 3 in the last 24hrs and 13 in 7 days
    • 10110 DriverFramework 7 in the 24hrs and 12 in 7 days
    • 10111 DriverFramework 7 in the 24hrs and 12 in 7 days
    I also have 364 errors in 7 days and 386 Warnings in 7 days.

I have updated manually all the drivers. If run a memory and hard drive check and they both say working correctly.

I am using Windows 10 with Intel Core i5 4590 ( Heswell ) Platform is LGA 1150 ( socket H3 )

I'm not very technical but have been trying to solve this problem for some time now. The computer is a custom build.

If anyone can help with this I would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Yland

yland1, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Why is my computer shutting down on me several times a day? Has never done this before.

1. Why is my computer shutting down on me several times a day? Has never done this before. - Similar Threads - Why computer shutting

2. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  3. computer crashing several times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashing several times a day: Good morningI have posted this problem recently but have been unable to find the cause of my computer crashing numerous times. What happens is I am working away on documents with several windows open when without warning the screen goes black and is unresponsive. I have to...
  4. computer crashing several times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashing several times a day: Good morningI have posted this problem recently but have been unable to find the cause of my computer crashing numerous times. What happens is I am working away on documents with several windows open when without warning the screen goes black and is unresponsive. I have to...
  5. computer crashing several times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer is randomly rebooting several times a day.

My computer is randomly rebooting several times a day.: HI I'm hoping somone can help. This has been happening for a while now. I have reset the computer and I have had the RAM and motherboard replaced, it helped for a while but it's started happening again more often. The last error I got was "The computer has rebooted from a...
  7. My laptop randomly shuts down several times a day

My laptop randomly shuts down several times a day: My laptop is operated by Windows 10. Over the last several months it began to shut down at least once a day, in a completely random fashion whenever the laptop is not being used. I noticed the following event in the event log, I was wondering if somebody can help me get some...
  8. Computer has random shut downs once a day not too sure why

Computer has random shut downs once a day not too sure why: My computer is having random occurring shut downs daily at random times and I do not know what to do I tried to remedy the situation and thought by upgrading some parts that would fix it but I upgraded my motherboard and CPU and today 2/18/2020 I started receiving the issue...
  9. Computer shutting down before an update is complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shutting down before an update is complete: Whenever I select the option to "Update and Shut Down" my computer shuts down before the update begins or can complete. It shuts down within 1 or 2 minutes. I am unsure of how to fix this problem. Please let me know, thanks!...
  10. New aero effect that never done before

in Windows 10 Customization
    New aero effect that never done before: Are you interested in further development of this thing? The next windows aero effect - YouTube 107137