Windows 10: Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10)

Discus and support Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a few games on my computer that are pretty small and when I had a windows 7 laptop a few months ago it ran smoothly so why on this new windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FuzzyDeery, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10)

I have a few games on my computer that are pretty small and when I had a windows 7 laptop a few months ago it ran smoothly so why on this new windows 10 does my games run so slow? AND when I hit the little windows button its laggy when Im in that little pop up on the bottom left.

:)

FuzzyDeery, Nov 16, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10)

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10)

1. Why is my computer so slow? (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Why computer slow

2. Why has my computer become so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my computer become so slow?: Hello,The other day, my winload file corrupted after an update, and i had to wipe my drive and reinstall Windows 11.After i did that, it was working fine. But now, it takes literal minutes just to open a single application, and freezes multiple times during the process.What...
  3. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer so slow?: Examples: If I click on the URL at the top of the screen to type in or copy a new one, it sometimes takes a while to turn blue. This even happens when I am typing in a box but want to change something already there or sometimes when using arrow keys.Sometimes the screen just...
  4. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer so slow?: Examples: If I click on the URL at the top of the screen to type in or copy a new one, it sometimes takes a while to turn blue. This even happens when I am typing in a box but want to change something already there or sometimes when using arrow keys.Sometimes the screen just...
  5. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my computer so slow?: Just a few days ago, my computer was fine. Nothing wrong, no issues, nothing. But just a day or two ago, Powerpoint said something about a serious issue caused by some file. I dismissed it, thinking it was just some glitch, but yesterday, my browsers began acting up, which...
  6. Why is my computer so slow?

Why is my computer so slow?: I have a month-old IdeaPad Flex 5. Here are its specs: Core-i7-1065G7 NVIDIA GeForce MX330 16GB DDR4 RAM 1TB Internal SSD When I tell you this thing is slow, I'm not exaggerating. I literally can not even have zoom this is a school laptop that I got for online school...
  7. why is my computer so slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my computer so slow: why is my pc so slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-so-slow/550d97c9-58c2-4897-9b8e-1786b6877917
  8. Why is my computer so slow?

Why is my computer so slow?: My computer has a fast startup, but once I sign in, I can't for the life of me use anything for a solid couple of minutes. I click to open chrome, it opens 30 seconds later and freezes for another 30 seconds when I type something. Basically, any app I open after startup takes...
  9. Why is this windows 10 computer so damn slow.

Why is this windows 10 computer so damn slow.: Why is this windows 10 computer so damn slow. that stupid circle that goes round and round when it is thinking just keeps thinking for about ten minutes or until i get pissed of and shut this p.o.s. down then it will restart and work ok not good just ok...
  10. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?: Windows 10 Home 64 bit It's the shutdowns and startups. Before upgrading to 10, my Windows 7 laptop took less than two minutes and now it's taking 10+ minutes. Things seem to be fairly decent as far as working once the desktop loads and I can get started. I just don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my windows computer so slow

2. why laptop so slow

3. why is my computer so slow

4. my hp touchscreen computer loads so slow 2019