Windows 10: why is my cursor at the top center of my screen in a box and flickering?

Discus and support why is my cursor at the top center of my screen in a box and flickering? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why is my cursor acting erratically? When my wireless mouse is plugged in to any usb port, I end up with two cursors. One is at the top of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lisadee2, Mar 30, 2021.

1. lisadee2 Win User

why is my cursor at the top center of my screen in a box and flickering?

Why is my cursor acting erratically? When my wireless mouse is plugged in to any usb port, I end up with two cursors. One is at the top of the screen in a box and the other flickers or won't even move. Then I can't even restart computer with touch pad. This is an HP laptop I've had 3 or 4 years. Never a problem till now. HELP PLEASE!

:)

lisadee2, Mar 30, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 30, 2021
  4. why is my cursor at the top center of my screen in a box and flickering?

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

why is my cursor at the top center of my screen in a box and flickering?

1. why is my cursor at the top center of my screen in a box and flickering? - Similar Threads - why cursor top

2. Why there are two mouse cursors on hp laptop screen? One cursor is in the top center and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there are two mouse cursors on hp laptop screen? One cursor is in the top center and...: Two days ago as I was using my hp laptop, all of a sudden I see two mouse cursors. One cursor stays in the top center of the screen in a round faded circle shape, while the other cursor moves when I moved the mouse, but it keeps blinking as I move the mouse. I tried...
  3. Why there are two mouse cursors on hp laptop screen? One cursor is in the top center and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why there are two mouse cursors on hp laptop screen? One cursor is in the top center and...: Two days ago as I was using my hp laptop, all of a sudden I see two mouse cursors. One cursor stays in the top center of the screen in a round faded circle shape, while the other cursor moves when I moved the mouse, but it keeps blinking as I move the mouse. I tried...
  4. Why there are two mouse cursors on hp laptop screen? One cursor is in the top center and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Center the Cursor On my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Center the Cursor On my screen: I am trying to make a hotkey on my computer to move the pointer to the center of my main display. I have seen @CmdrKeene post this code and I followed all of the steps:Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms$screen =...
  6. Center the Cursor On my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Center the Cursor On my screen: I am trying to make a hotkey on my computer to move the pointer to the center of my main display. I have seen @CmdrKeene post this code and I followed all of the steps:Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms$screen =...
  7. Center the Cursor On my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my cursor flickers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cursor flickers: my cursor flickers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-flickers/bb66c691-591e-47e1-8794-7240dc02af29
  9. My Screen keeps flickering black and puts my cursor in the center of my screen so fast I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Screen keeps flickering black and puts my cursor in the center of my screen so fast I...: I was waching youtube when this happened I was also shuting down a game at the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-flickering-black-and-puts-my/0b2a56e7-67b8-4eec-999d-9e98fd969885
  10. Cursor flickering and stuck at the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor flickering and stuck at the top left corner of the screen: A lot of times when I am just on my laptop not doing anything to start the problem, the cursor gets "stuck" at the top left corner of my touch screen and when I try to move the mouse around it flickers and sometimes won't let me click on anything. The only way to get it away...