Windows 10: Why is my cursor jumping all over the screen in window 10

Discus and support Why is my cursor jumping all over the screen in window 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this problems for a while now. Often i find my cursor jumping all over the display screen. Sometimes even when i don't touch it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Debasis_096, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Why is my cursor jumping all over the screen in window 10

I have been having this problems for a while now. Often i find my cursor jumping all over the display screen. Sometimes even when i don't touch it and then i find that search box 'Cortana' turning on and off on its own. I try troubleshooting but that doesn't help. By the way i use a laptop and also the touchpad that comes with it. I also don't use internet on my laptop so i don't think it's virus or anything so please help... thanks

(I don't know which catagory this problem falls under so i am just going to choose System failure)

:)

Debasis_096, Jul 8, 2018

2. Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around

Hello Michael,

Bubbles and cursor jumping on your Windows 10 laptop can be due to outdated drivers. Having said that, we suggest performing the methods below and see if it makes any difference.

Method 1:

We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Check for the issue, if it persists move to next method.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Human Interface Devices driver and check the issue.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
    • Right click on the Touchscreen and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. Windows will install the generic drives after you restart.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Cursor and screen jumping around

I have Lenovo laptop. I cannot type anything, anywhere, any program without the cursor and screen jumping around and I then have to re-type. In just these two sentences, I have had to re-type 6 times. I have done some of the things suggested in forums,
    but nothing has worked. Make that 9 times now. The screen also jumps around and I assure you I am not touching the mouse pad.

PatNicholson1, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Why is my cursor jumping all over the screen in window 10

Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Why is my cursor jumping all over the screen in window 10

1. Why is my cursor jumping all over the screen in window 10 - Similar Threads - Why cursor jumping

2. Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?: Every hour or two that my computer is on, my cursor starts jumping around the screen and clicking randomly. It appears to be a touchpad issue as I can turn off the touchpad to make it stop moving, and then use a mouse just fine. I thought that the problem might be dust either...
  3. Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?: Every hour or two that my computer is on, my cursor starts jumping around the screen and clicking randomly. It appears to be a touchpad issue as I can turn off the touchpad to make it stop moving, and then use a mouse just fine. I thought that the problem might be dust either...
  4. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  5. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  6. how stop cursor from jumping all over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how stop cursor from jumping all over: how do i stop the cursor from jumping all over the place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stop-cursor-from-jumping-all-over/2858bb66-b0fe-495d-81dc-1140d01f5020
  7. how stop cursor from jumping all over

in Windows 10 Customization
    how stop cursor from jumping all over: how do i stop the cursor from jumping all over the place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stop-cursor-from-jumping-all-over/2858bb66-b0fe-495d-81dc-1140d01f5020
  8. how stop cursor from jumping all over

9. Cursor goes Crazy All Over My Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor goes Crazy All Over My Screen: why would my cursor bounce all around on my screen like it's trying to access apps/files, etc. It's happened a couple of times and it acts as if some"one" is trying to open or look at my files...
  10. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? - - - Updated - - - I may have fixed it. Went to device manager uninstalled ASUS precision touchpad. Then cntrol-alt-delete to sign out, then tab to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop cursor jumps all over screen

2. why does my cursor jump around windows 10

3. mouse pointer jumping all over screen

4. cursor jumps all over screen,
  5. why is my cursor jumping all over the screen,
  6. mouse moving all over the screen windows 10,
  7. why is my cursor jumping windows 10,
  8. mouse pointer jumps all over the place,
  9. why is cursor jumping windows 10,
  10. pointer jumping all over screen,
  11. cursor on screeen has a round bubble why,