Windows 10: Why is my cursor stuck?

Discus and support Why is my cursor stuck? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I click on the text, it looks like I can edit it, like in Microsoft Word, but when I try to press backspace, nothing happens. I didn't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeoBlox, Feb 23, 2021.

1. LeoBlox Win User

Why is my cursor stuck?

Every time I click on the text, it looks like I can edit it, like in Microsoft Word, but when I try to press backspace, nothing happens.

I didn't use Microsoft Word, and it's only text - when I hover over it it's the standard ɪ icon, but when I click on it it's a blinking l.

Why is this? How can I fix it?

:)

LeoBlox, Feb 23, 2021
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Why is my cursor stuck?

Cursor

Hi Peter,

Unstable mouse cursors can be caused by outdated drivers, dirt inside the mouse, and more. To make your cursor work properly again, we recommend that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse issues.

Update us if the steps in the article helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Why is my cursor stuck?

1. Why is my cursor stuck? - Similar Threads - Why cursor stuck

2. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my cursor invisible?: I can't sign-in, because my cursor is invisible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursor-invisible/d9806262-b896-44ae-83d1-b336e8f5bc84
  3. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my cursor invisible?: I can't sign-in, because my cursor is invisible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursor-invisible/d9806262-b896-44ae-83d1-b336e8f5bc84
  4. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why is my computer stuck black screen with words and an blinking cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer stuck black screen with words and an blinking cursor?: So I’ve been trying to upgrade my originally windows 7 I was scammed off eBay lol. pc to windows 10 64-bit because it was on 32-bit and I wanted better performance. Im watching a tutorial on how to do it it’s going well I checked to see if my pc was compatible with it and had...
  6. Why is my computer stuck black screen with words and an blinking cursor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer stuck black screen with words and an blinking cursor?: So I’ve been trying to upgrade my originally windows 7 I was scammed off eBay lol. pc to windows 10 64-bit because it was on 32-bit and I wanted better performance. Im watching a tutorial on how to do it it’s going well I checked to see if my pc was compatible with it and had...
  7. Why is my computer stuck black screen with words and an blinking cursor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cursor stuck at loading...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor stuck at loading...: HI! When i enter my PC and i'm on my desktop screen, then my cursor start loading and won't stop. I can't click or use my screen, i can only use my taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stuck-at-loading/31e51846-d6fe-43ba-96f6-a691613033a3
  9. My cursor is stuck in select mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My cursor is stuck in select mode.: Anywhere I move the cursor, with the mouse or keypad, selects or highlights the text for action. This get mysteriously turned on by some random keystrokes and I cannot turn it off, not even restarting. I have an HP envy....
  10. mouse cursor stucking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse cursor stucking: added a wireless mouse thinking it's my touchpad, but either way the arrow cursor seems stuck in the middle surrounded by a halo of two crop circles I have checked and updated drivers... is it a coincidence that this issue started after the win 10 upgrade?...