Windows 10: Why is my cursor stuck?

Discus and support Why is my cursor stuck? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I click on the text, it looks like I can edit it, like in Microsoft Word, but when I try to press backspace, nothing happens. I didn't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeoBlox, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:07 AM.

1. LeoBlox Win User

Why is my cursor stuck?

Every time I click on the text, it looks like I can edit it, like in Microsoft Word, but when I try to press backspace, nothing happens.

I didn't use Microsoft Word, and it's only text - when I hover over it it's the standard ɪ icon, but when I click on it it's a blinking l.

Why is this? How can I fix it?

:)

2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

4. Why is my cursor stuck?

Cursor

Hi Peter,

Unstable mouse cursors can be caused by outdated drivers, dirt inside the mouse, and more. To make your cursor work properly again, we recommend that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse issues.

Update us if the steps in the article helped you in resolving your concern.

Thema:

Why is my cursor stuck?

1. Why is my cursor stuck? - Similar Threads - Why cursor stuck

2. Why does my cursor change appearrance?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my cursor change appearrance?: I tried getting a screen capture but it doesn't capture the cursor. In Word everywhere and Chrome when putting the cursor over text, the cursor changes to a smaller arrow over a tiny scroll up and down bar. And over links in chrome it turns into a hand pointing over a...
  3. Why are my apps stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my apps stuck on pending: I am trying to download some apps from the Microsoft store on windows 10 but they all get stuck on pending and never go past that, is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/EriksErikk [link] [comments]...
  4. Cursor getting temporarily stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor getting temporarily stuck: Sometimes while I am using my laptop my cursor gets stuck and does not move for a few seconds. After a few seconds of attempting to jiggle the cursor with my mouse or trackpad, normal motion resumes. This issue occurs with both the trackpad on the laptop and the wireless USB...
  5. Cursor moves jerky, why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cursor moves jerky, why?: Hello, community, when i disconnect my gaming laptop from the net, my mouse cursor moves jerky, even though i set everything to performance preference. Ausus Gaming Rog 16 GB Ram RTX 2070 I7 9750h 120 Hz Monitor Can anyone help me? Thank you &...
  6. My cursor is stuck in select mode.

My cursor is stuck in select mode.: Anywhere I move the cursor, with the mouse or keypad, selects or highlights the text for action. This get mysteriously turned on by some random keystrokes and I cannot turn it off, not even restarting. I have an HP envy....
  7. cursor stuck in middle of screen

cursor stuck in middle of screen: when i turn my comp on it all works ok but the curser is stuck in the middle of the screen i have had to revert too an mouse to move it which is how i got to ask this HELP please Moved from the Community Es...
  8. mouse cursor stucking

mouse cursor stucking: added a wireless mouse thinking it's my touchpad, but either way the arrow cursor seems stuck in the middle surrounded by a halo of two crop circles I have checked and updated drivers... is it a coincidence that this issue started after the win 10 upgrade?...
  9. My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor: Hello There Everyone. I shutdown my pc yesterday after work after 12 hours i open it but i am stuck with black screen. I tried my steps to open it but it dosen't work. Steps i did *i tried to startup repair on advance menu *i have reset the pc ( its says problem occured)...
  10. Mouse Cursor Stuck

Mouse Cursor Stuck: I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds. 12454