Windows 10: Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

Discus and support Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed today that my living room computer's desktop background is the same as my bedroom computer's background. How was the background able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jazzy8812, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Jazzy8812 Win User

Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

Hello, I noticed today that my living room computer's desktop background is the same as my bedroom computer's background. How was the background able to change without me giving it permission? How does my living room computer have access to my other computer? .

I had an image for my desktop's background already that I created in paint but I went back to the file and updated it by adding more text, then saved it. But I didn't change the image background on the desktop yet so it still appears as the old image without the added text.

But somehow my living room's computer has this updated image as the desktop background. I searched my living room computer for the file of this image but don't see it. How can my living room computer set the image on it's background without even having it on file ? This computer shouldn't have access to my other computer. Please help, I'm confused on this.

:)

Jazzy8812, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 1, 2018
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

Copy desktop background to other computer

I would like to copy my current desktop background-windows 10 to another computer. How do I find the image?

RussellBaune, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

1. Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's... - Similar Threads - Why desktop computer's

2. Keyboard works fine on other computer but not on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard works fine on other computer but not on my Desktop: I have a Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum keyboard running on Window 10.The keyboard has worked on my desktop for many years with no issues, however today when turning on my computer im finding certain keys are not working. I had spent a lot of time troubleshooting assuming it...
  3. Keyboard works fine on other computer but not on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works fine on other computer but not on my Desktop: I have a Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum keyboard running on Window 10.The keyboard has worked on my desktop for many years with no issues, however today when turning on my computer im finding certain keys are not working. I had spent a lot of time troubleshooting assuming it...
  4. Keyboard works fine on other computer but not on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?: Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image? They are both set to different desktop backgrounds. They maintain those different backgrounds for a period of time and bingo...they change to the same background. Sync Settings on both...
  6. Can't find my Desktop Background Image

Can't find my Desktop Background Image: I have an image that I put on my desktop, but I can't find it on my hard drive. Is there a way to search for it, or tell where the desktop application is looking to find it?...
  7. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  8. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  9. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  10. Why did my desktop background change to match a completely different computer?

Why did my desktop background change to match a completely different computer?: I am interested to know if someone can explain why this happened: I have a Windows 10 PC (HP) that only I use. The desktop background is a family photo. My husband needed a new PC so we bought a new Lenovo desktop computer for him. The default desktop background was a...