Windows 10: Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?

Discus and support Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/baccaman3 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/baccaman3, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?

/u/baccaman3, Aug 9, 2020

2. Documents folder renamed to Downloads

Hi Schulte,

I swill be glad to help you with the issue you have with documents folder.

Did you try to rename both documents folders?

I suggest you to reset folders. Please follow the below steps:

1. Open File Explorer.

2. While in File Explorer, click/tap on the View tab, and click/tap on
    Options in the ribbon.

3. Click on the tab that says View and click on Reset Defaults.

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 9, 2020
  3. pbcopter Win User
    Documents folder renamed videos

Hi and welcome.

Have you tried going to C:\Users\*your user name*\ and right clicking on the Videos (which should be Documents) folder to rename it?

pbcopter, Aug 9, 2020
  4. RSchulte Win User

Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?

Documents folder renamed to Downloads

Last night I was copying Pictures and Documents to external drives as backups.

Now I see two Downloads folders and no documents folder. One downloads folder has the download icon, the other downloads folder has the documents icon, and all the documents. The change does not seem to affect Office and Quicken, they find their files without
    a problem. Tried to rename it back to Documents, but it won't rename.

Suggestions?

RSchulte, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?

1. Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it? - Similar Threads - Why document video

2. How do I tell File Explorer there really is a D;\Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I tell File Explorer there really is a D;\Documents folder?: This PC has a Documents folder. I want ALL documents added to my computer to go to drive D:\Documents. So I select the Documents folder in ThisPC which has no discernible drive letter and select properties. The I type D:\Documents and it tells me there is no D:\Documents....
  3. How do I tell File Explorer there really is a D;\Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I tell File Explorer there really is a D;\Documents folder?: This PC has a Documents folder. I want ALL documents added to my computer to go to drive D:\Documents. So I select the Documents folder in ThisPC which has no discernible drive letter and select properties. The I type D:\Documents and it tells me there is no D:\Documents....
  4. How do I tell File Explorer there really is a D;\Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  6. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  7. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Rename Documents and Music folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename Documents and Music folders?: hi, just read this forum again and i'm not so sure if my problems related to this or not. Anyway, wanna know can i Rename the Folders and How can i do it. I've marked the folders that i want to rename in the picture. [img] this issue suddenly happens after the latest...
  9. RENAME - HOW DO I INCREASE THE TIME TO RENAME A DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RENAME - HOW DO I INCREASE THE TIME TO RENAME A DOCUMENT: RENAME HOW CAN I INCREASE THE TIME ON RENAMING A DOCUMENT. IT CUTS OFF BEFORE I FINISH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-how-do-i-increase-the-time-to-rename-a/c2773cb5-48c0-403e-aeee-654343950085
  10. Documents folder renamed videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder renamed videos: Hello, my Documents folder has somehow become Videos (in This PC). I don't recall making a change to it's name and in fact can't find any way of changing it. I did read a similar post after googling the problem, but the responses involved registry editing as the solution and...