Windows 10: Why is my download from the internet so slow?

Discus and support Why is my download from the internet so slow? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden I can't seem to download from the internet it is off and on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelenMillerSI, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Why is my download from the internet so slow?

All of a sudden I can't seem to download from the internet it is off and on.

:)

HelenMillerSI, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Aug 4, 2018
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 4, 2018
  4. FlashNob Win User

Why is my download from the internet so slow?

Another Slow Internet Download Problem

I've looked at previous questions about similar "slow download speed" and none of the suggested fixes has helped.

My Desktop PC on wired Ethernet has slowed to a crawl. Before January 15, 2018 my download rate average was 126.7 Mbps. Since January 15. my average download rate has been reduced to 33.6 Mbps
    and sometimes much worse (~9 Mbps) using Chrome, IE or MS Edge. However,
    my Wifi download and upload rates remain high on both my Samsung Galaxy S7 and two HP laptops at 50 - 120Mbps. I've been using speedtest.net (OOKLA) to measure the download speeds.

I have not changed the configuration over this time period. My PC is a stock Gateway LX6200-01 with:

• AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core CPU;
    • Win 10Pro 1709
    • 8 GB of memory; and
    • Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Controller.

My network consists of:

• Comcast/Xfinity Cable/Voice/Internet Wifi modem
    • D-Link DGS-2208 8-Port 10/100/1000 Desktop Switch

This is driving me nuts, since there web pages open really slow. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it.

Thanks

Joe

FlashNob, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Why is my download from the internet so slow?

1. Why is my download from the internet so slow? - Similar Threads - Why download internet

2. Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?: Recently, my internet and download speeds have been so slow, that I have recently been VERY HAPPY to use my iPhone's MOBILE HOTSPOT just to get A FEW MORE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. That's on ONE OR TWO BARS of 4G LTE where I live. I hate it. Nice, very functional PC; nice setup;...
  3. Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?: Recently, my internet and download speeds have been so slow, that I have recently been VERY HAPPY to use my iPhone's MOBILE HOTSPOT just to get A FEW MORE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. That's on ONE OR TWO BARS of 4G LTE where I live. I hate it. Nice, very functional PC; nice setup;...
  4. Why my download speed so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my download speed so slow?: Why is my download speed so slow? - Microsoft CommunityI tried to use these methods in the link-up there by - In method 1: I don't have the gpedit.msc- The second: I used it but I can't get in any link they're unreachable and some of my country's social apps can't connect to...
  5. WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW: PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO FRUSTRATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow/78354534-2a39-4565-9842-28cefb1c9cdd
  6. WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW

WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW: PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO FRUSTRATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow/78354534-2a39-4565-9842-28cefb1c9cdd
  7. Why my downloads are so slow?

Why my downloads are so slow?: I have a 50mb/s plan of internet speed, when I make the internet speed it actually has 50mb/s.. but when I'm downloading from windows store/other applications the speed drops to 5-7mb/s.. Need some help please...
  8. Why my downloads are so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my downloads are so slow?: I have a 50mb/s plan of internet speed, when I make the internet speed it actually has 50mb/s.. but when I'm downloading from windows store/other applications the speed drops to 5-7mb/s.. Need some help please...
  9. Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?: I have been using public Wifi for some months now with no issues but recently I have been having problems where the internet constantly drops connection literally every 10-15 seconds after it connects and wont load a web page, but I noticed I was able to use it after around...
  10. Why is my download speed so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my download speed so slow?: I've recently been noticing my download speeds for files have been very slow. I've run a speed test, and it said my download speed is greater than 60 Mb/s, but when I go to download a file, it barely exceeds 100kb/s. This happened very suddenly too, in the past, speeds were...