Windows 10: Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more???

Discus and support Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey so, my EFI partition is full and I am not able to install the new windows update, I have tried many methods of freeing up space or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sudden_Event, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more???

/u/Sudden_Event, Apr 15, 2021
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more??? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Efi partition between two partitions

Hi,

I have an asus tuf fx55dt laptop with a 256gb ssd that has windows installed on it and a 1 tb hard drive as well.

I am going to list the series of events that took place :

1) I installed ubuntu by creating a 300gb partition on my hdd.

2) ubuntu was not booting up without my charger connected so i decided to remove it.

3)ubuntu was installed in a 292gb parttion and a 500 mb efi partiton was also made on my hdd.

4) i deleted the ubuntu partition and an unallocated space of 292gb was made.

Then i tried to extend my 640gb partition in order to have my full hdd space back. But my 640gb partition did not extend to take up the 292gb unallocated space because the 500 mb efi partition is in between the two major partitions. Also my 640 gb partition
    turned into a simple volume from a primary one.

So now i have a c drive(ssd) with my windows installed and having a seperate efi partition of its own and a d drive(hdd) that has no os on it but has a 500 mb efi partition in between my major partitions.

Also i think my booting still takes place through the d drive efi partiton becuase whenever i boot into my pc first grub shows up followed by the windows bootloader.

I need to get my hdd space back. Please help.

AnshumanPandey9999, Apr 15, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more???

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more???

1. Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more??? - Similar Threads - Why EFI partition

2. How to restore the free space partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore the free space partition?: It used to be the D disk but now it becomes this free space oneI can't upload the picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-the-free-space-partition/97c9bd5c-ccda-47d3-8c48-255adf9cfccd
  3. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I free up more space?: My windows 10 is telling me i’m using 222GB of storage. I have lots of large games but they are all definitely downloaded to my external storage device, not my actual pc. that device has 2,000GB left. My pc is not letting me open google chrome or do anything because it has...
  4. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I free up more space?: My windows 10 is telling me i’m using 222GB of storage. I have lots of large games but they are all definitely downloaded to my external storage device, not my actual pc. that device has 2,000GB left. My pc is not letting me open google chrome or do anything because it has...
  5. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How can I resize the EFI partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I resize the EFI partition: I want to increase the size of the efi partition from 100M to 512M but there is no available space next to the partition so i can't extand it, is there a way to do that without risking my data?...
  7. How can I free up storage space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I free up storage space?: Hi, I am trying to free up some storage space, and when I view the properties of my users folder it says (after counting all the files for some seconds) that the size on disk is 202GB. When I go into the folder, adding up the size of each folder within the users folder gives...
  8. How to free up more space?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to free up more space?: How to free up more space? Free up some space by going to Settings > System > Storage > click on Free up space now? I do not have Free up space now, Does anyone know where/how to free up space? Please adise, Thanks, Lostintrama...
  9. Free space in partitions doesn't add up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free space in partitions doesn't add up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LookOutBelowwwwwww [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gd0ovp/free_space_in_partitions_doesnt_add_up/
  10. How can I free up drive space

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I free up drive space: How can I free up drive space from the Windows installer folder without killing Windows? 80832