Windows 10: Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...

Discus and support Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc download speed is suddenly slower after making changes to registry files, and my pc does not want to shut down or restart unless I hard shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caleb Cole2, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...

My pc download speed is suddenly slower after making changes to registry files, and my pc does not want to shut down or restart unless I hard shut it down, by holding down the power button or turning the power supply on or off. I have already done alot of changes and troubleshooting so i have came to ask you guys to see if you might be able to fix my issue.

:)

Caleb Cole2, Feb 27, 2024

2. Download speed slower than upload speed

My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds (10Mbps) compared to upload speeds (30Mbps). On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan.

This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi.

I have changed the Windows update settings that limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates.

I have changed the NetworkThrottlingIndex registry setting to ffffff.

Is there some other Windows setting I can find and change, to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

Joshua Koz, Feb 27, 2024
  3. New PC, slower downloads

How much bloat is on this new computer? There could be a whole army of applications installed which claim to make stuff download faster but in practice, they do nothing but slow it down. Additionally, the internet browser you're using most likely changed.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...

Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...

1. Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off... - Similar Threads - Why ethernet slower

2. why does my pc turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my pc turns off: ever since i installed the windows 10 LTSC from the official website i was windows 7 and the pc had no problem, my PC has been going worsewhen i installed some drivers my keyboard and my internet card stopped workingand before i installed the internet card drivers the card...
  3. why does my pc turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my pc turns off: ever since i installed the windows 10 LTSC from the official website i was windows 7 and the pc had no problem, my PC has been going worsewhen i installed some drivers my keyboard and my internet card stopped workingand before i installed the internet card drivers the card...
  4. Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...: My pc download speed is suddenly slower after making changes to registry files, and my pc does not want to shut down or restart unless I hard shut it down, by holding down the power button or turning the power supply on or off. I have already done alot of changes and...
  5. Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my ethernet slower after downloading changes to registry and, I cant turn my pc off...: My pc download speed is suddenly slower after making changes to registry files, and my pc does not want to shut down or restart unless I hard shut it down, by holding down the power button or turning the power supply on or off. I have already done alot of changes and...
  6. Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?: My pc got suddenly slow and i have decided to reinstall it.I got a new windows from microsoft's website. I reinstalled and everything was fine and working but the installation took over 3 hours which was strange at first.I also "reinstalled" my bios via 'load defaults' where...
  7. Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?

Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?: My pc got suddenly slow and i have decided to reinstall it.I got a new windows from microsoft's website. I reinstalled and everything was fine and working but the installation took over 3 hours which was strange at first.I also "reinstalled" my bios via 'load defaults' where...
  8. Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. why i cant download photos on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cant download photos on my pc?: why i cant download photos on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-download-photos-on-my-pc/bc99749a-a75a-4ba8-8c92-468daa20ae32
  10. why i cant download photos on my pc?

why i cant download photos on my pc?: why i cant download photos on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-download-photos-on-my-pc/bc99749a-a75a-4ba8-8c92-468daa20ae32