Windows 10: Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off

Discus and support Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this trouble for a while where my upload speed is constantly below 1 Mbps which means I can't stream, upload, etc. my plan is gigabit up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TohruW, May 22, 2023.

1. TohruW Win User

Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off

I've had this trouble for a while where my upload speed is constantly below 1 Mbps which means I can't stream, upload, etc. my plan is gigabit up and down but I'm not getting that, SOO I use a VPN NordVpn and it magically solves my problems. I've tried doing EVERYTHING I could find but nothing changed. I've had people from my ISP come and try to fix it which didn't work still skeptical if they did everything they could to fix it so I am now at my last straw. my plan is gigabit up and down

:)

TohruW, May 22, 2023

2. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse.

I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I expect, but my upload speed was anywhere from .10 - 1.5mbps

Today I made sure it wasn't the cable/router itself so I plugged the ethernet cable that's in my PC now into one of my laptops and the download and upload were where they should be.

I followed the advice listed in those two links below and all that has come from it was my download speed is now anywhere from 20-130 mbps... and my upload hasn't gotten better at all.

I don't how the problem has gotten worse but anything else I could do?

Thanks in advance!

Redirecting

Redirecting

Andrew Lewis2, May 22, 2023
  3. a mlV Win User
    slow upload speed

I'm embarrassed I didn't think of plugging the ethernet into another computer. Anyway, the result is that the speed on a laptop with the same cable is 91 Mbps download, 39 Mbps upload.
    A couple of other puzzles: One is that the download speed on my desktop was around 900 Mbps, which is insanely fast, but the upload speed was under .2 Mbps. Now, after going through several of these iterations of remedies, the upload speed is still extremely slow, but the download speed is now around 32 Mbps, which is about 4% of what it was. But to my surprise, with a download speed of around 30, I don't notice too much difference for what I do. Anyway, awaiting your next suggestion.

With regard to re-installing Windows 10, even with keep my files this seems to be way over the top, as it removes apps and drivers. I find that a bit terrifying.

a mlV, May 22, 2023
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off

Upload Speed slow in browser

For most ISPs, upload speed is a small fraction of download speed. (Verizon FIOS is a notable exception.) Looks like your upload maxes out at 20 Mbps. ("I have a 400/20 connection ...")

People typically confuse internet speed with LAN speed. Even if your upload is 20 Mbps, you're not going to upload any faster than your LAN sends the data to the modem.

All other things being equal, a WiFi connection will be slower than an Ethernet connection because there are many factors affecting WiFi speed that don't apply with an Ethernet connection.

BulldogXX, May 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off - Similar Threads - Why ethernet upload

2. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  3. Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off: I've had this trouble for a while where my upload speed is constantly below 1 Mbps which means I can't stream, upload, etc. my plan is gigabit up and down but I'm not getting that, SOO I use a VPN NordVpn and it magically solves my problems. I've tried doing EVERYTHING I...
  4. Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my ethernet upload speed stuck at below 1 mbps upload speed when my vpn is off: I've had this trouble for a while where my upload speed is constantly below 1 Mbps which means I can't stream, upload, etc. my plan is gigabit up and down but I'm not getting that, SOO I use a VPN NordVpn and it magically solves my problems. I've tried doing EVERYTHING I...
  5. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  6. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  7. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

8. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good: So my PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable but my upload speeds are drastically low while my download speeds are normal. I know there's not a hardware issue since I brought the PC to another house and the upload speed was good there. Also I had gotten my router...
  9. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good: So my PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable but my upload speeds are drastically low while my download speeds are normal. I know there's not a hardware issue since I brought the PC to another house and the upload speed was good there. Also I had gotten my router...
  10. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good