Windows 10: Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows?

Discus and support Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It was extremely accurate before and told my current position but I am testing it now and each result puts my device somewhere new in the area... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NateAlcala, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows?

It was extremely accurate before and told my current position but I am testing it now and each result puts my device somewhere new in the area

:)

NateAlcala, Sep 14, 2020
  2. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 14, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows?

1. Why is my Find My Device not accurate after a reinstallation of Windows? - Similar Threads - Why Find Device

2. Why is find my device wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is find my device wrong: Find my device always around 3 or 4 blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-find-my-device-wrong/d9ed6389-52be-4f30-a4d6-8fae73bea2bf
  3. Why is find my device wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is find my device wrong: Find my device always around 3 or 4 blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-find-my-device-wrong/d9ed6389-52be-4f30-a4d6-8fae73bea2bf
  4. After Reinstalling Windows 11 Colors are not Accurate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Reinstalling Windows 11 Colors are not Accurate: After Reinstalling Windows 11 Colors are not Accurate. Black Color Display Darl Blue. Al Drivers Are Updated & UpToDate. But Still Iam Facing This Issue How to Fix?...
  5. After Reinstalling Windows 11 Colors are not Accurate

After Reinstalling Windows 11 Colors are not Accurate: After Reinstalling Windows 11 Colors are not Accurate. Black Color Display Darl Blue. Al Drivers Are Updated & UpToDate. But Still Iam Facing This Issue How to Fix?...
  6. Microsoft find my device not accurate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft find my device not accurate: Good dayI lost my Laptop and i,m using Microsoft find my device to track and I'm able to find it the problem is not accurate please assist. See the picture attached...
  7. Microsoft find my device not accurate

Microsoft find my device not accurate: Good dayI lost my Laptop and i,m using Microsoft find my device to track and I'm able to find it the problem is not accurate please assist. See the picture attached...
  8. Microsoft find my device not accurate

9. Find My Device is not Accurate at all and therefore not useful

Find My Device is not Accurate at all and therefore not useful: I have clicked on the Find My Device option in my Windows account multiple times and the results are it shows me all over my city, never once at the correct location. If I go to Google Maps or Zillow and click on my location those sites are able to find me in my house and...
  10. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device": My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and around my suburb. I submitted this information to the police. They don't believe me and are adamant that this feature is...