Windows 10: Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...

Discus and support Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic with a line in and it says not plugged in but it works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaplansekerci_, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...

Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic with a line in and it says not plugged in but it works on other devices

submitted by /u/kaplansekerci_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaplansekerci_, Jan 15, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Zoladex Win User
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...

Headset Mics not detected

Whenever I plug in a headset a prompt comes up asking what type of device I have plugged in, I have tried headset and mic. I have tried multiple headsets. I plug them all into the audio jack and the sound comes through but whenever I try to record with
    the attached mic the laptops internal mic records instead of the one on the attached headset. I have also gone into the settings to try and change which mic pics up the audio, yet when I get to it the only option is the computers internal mic. Why is there
    no option for the mic on the headset I have plugged in?

Zachchaney0, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...

1. Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic... - Similar Threads - Why game audio

2. No mic for my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mic for my headset: I just installed a new Bluetooth system and I had to remove my headset but when I paired it only connected audio. I did try clicking the sound button but on stereo was there no ag free....
  3. No mic for my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mic for my headset: I just installed a new Bluetooth system and I had to remove my headset but when I paired it only connected audio. I did try clicking the sound button but on stereo was there no ag free....
  4. I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic: I want to use my laptops internal mic but everytime i plug in my headset, it wont let me use my internal mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-laptops-mic-instead-of-my/4dfadd02-505f-48d7-9526-4068299810ce
  5. I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic

I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic: I want to use my laptops internal mic but everytime i plug in my headset, it wont let me use my internal mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-laptops-mic-instead-of-my/4dfadd02-505f-48d7-9526-4068299810ce
  6. My headset mic says it is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset mic says it is not plugged in: So a couple of days ago I got noticed my computer was using my webcam mic and not my headset mic, which I thought was strange because it usually defaults to the headset. I checked sound settings and it says that my mic is not plugged in, it even specifies the headphone jack...
  7. My headset mic says it is not plugged in

My headset mic says it is not plugged in: So a couple of days ago I got noticed my computer was using my webcam mic and not my headset mic, which I thought was strange because it usually defaults to the headset. I checked sound settings and it says that my mic is not plugged in, it even specifies the headphone jack...
  8. my friends hear my game audio through my mic on my headset

my friends hear my game audio through my mic on my headset: i just got a headset pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-friends-hear-my-game-audio-through-my-mic-on-my/b59f1acf-f53f-4dfe-891c-4da63560a3f1
  9. my headset mic is going through my speaker and I can't stop it

my headset mic is going through my speaker and I can't stop it: So like it says my headsets mic is going through a speaker even though I didn't set the listen tab to but this isn't a normal speaker so I can't turn down the mic on it and my mic is playing through my head set when i haven't done anything like listen even when i disable it...
  10. my headset mic is going through my speaker and I can't stop it

in Windows 10 Customization
    my headset mic is going through my speaker and I can't stop it: So like it says my headsets mic is going through a speaker even though I didn't set the listen tab to but this isn't a normal speaker so I can't turn down the mic on it and my mic is playing through my head set when i haven't done anything like listen even when i disable it...