Windows 10: Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?

Discus and support Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I came across to this problem when i started using wired headset instead of wireless. For some reason my games sounds is alot quieter with my ussual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ferdinand Espinosa, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?

I came across to this problem when i started using wired headset instead of wireless. For some reason my games sounds is alot quieter with my ussual settings, i tired maxing it out, but didnt even match the my previous game volume. I checked windows volumemixer and dobble checked if its also maxed out, and it was. Compare for example Spotify, max volume is like very loud, too loud that you wont be able to have the headset on.

:)

Ferdinand Espinosa, Mar 20, 2023

2. Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?

I came across to this problem when i started using wired headset instead of wireless.

For some reason my games sounds is alot quieter with my ussual settings, i tired maxing it out, but didnt even match the my previous game volume. I checked windows volumemixer and dobble checked if its also maxed out, and it was.

Compare for example Spotify, max volume is like very loud, too loud that you wont be able to have the headset on.

Ferdinand Espinosa, Mar 21, 2023
  3. JimDirt Win User
    Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

I just started having a issue yesterday after having my PC over at a friends house to do a Steam Game Install (COD WW2 90gb) , so I got it back home (at his house I did not have any speakers connected , just the pc , mouse , keyboard , monitor) , so when I hooked it up I started noticing a "pop" when the pc would boot , I am using a PCI sound card , not from the mb sound .... (everything sounded "normal" before I did all this) . I started playing the game and at certain times , the volume would be low in the cut scenes , then when the narration came on the sound was normal as well as the game volume was normal .... I checked sound settings in the game , and nothing wrong . , I checked the connections on the back of the pc and it seems I had plugged the Yellow plug into the Headphones/Purple jack , so I swapped it to the Orange jack (that would explain the "pop" sound

So then I checked Windows , the Volume was at 100% in the taskbar , I went to the Sound Settings and checked speaker configuration and tests , and in the test I found that the rear speakers were not working , so I checked and it was set to "Stereo" not 5.1 Surround Sound , so I switched it and in the test all the speakers then worked , and volume was normal (it was also normal volume in Stereo mode) , except when I went to "Sounds" and checked the individual sounds like Exclamation , or Empty Recycle Bin , those sounds were still low , then I went to my "Documents" folder , and noticed the "click" sound was low , so I opened up other folders , and again , the volume low on the "click" ... so I open my Music folder and choose a song (MP4) it played at "normal" volume

So here is my issue , why is it , that it seems all "sounds" are normal volume , EXCEPT , all Windows sounds ???? , I have checked other topics on this issue (they are somewhat similar but not the exact same , as they seem to be ALL volume is low , which is not the case here) and the "fix" they claim for those issues either does nothing , or is not related to my specific issue .... I tried rolling back the sound card driver , as suggested in one of the "fixes", and no change .... again , the issue only seems to be with the Windows Sounds themselves and nothing else seems to have this issue , if I were to calculate the difference , I would say 100% volume on everything except Windows Sounds which are at about 30-40% volume comparatively ....

Any Ideas ??? .... Thanks ... Jim

JimDirt, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Lery Win User

Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?

Game sound while using headset volume level is too low

Thanks for the reply. I have made sure the volume for the game is maximized in the volume mixer. It has to be maxed in order to have it a comfortable level. If set to the usual 40% - 50% setting that I use with external speakers, it's too low on the headphones.

Thema:

Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?

1. Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application? - Similar Threads - Why game sounds

2. Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my game sounds volume low compare to other application?: I came across to this problem when i started using wired headset instead of wireless. For some reason my games sounds is alot quieter with my ussual settings, i tired maxing it out, but didnt even match the my previous game volume. I checked windows volumemixer and dobble...
  3. resolution of camera is very low compared to others on zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resolution of camera is very low compared to others on zoom: every other zoom participant has much higher camera resolution than i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-of-camera-is-very-low-compared-to/3eb239a7-3467-457a-97cf-e1771e3d127a
  4. Low game volume issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low game volume issue: Hello, after yesterdays update 8/9/2020 I have a problem with the sound of games, the sound in All games is very low.. This issue occurred after the update was made on 8/9/2020.before the sound in the games was fine.. Also when I go to YouTube, the sound is fine. I've tried...
  5. System Sound but it's low volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Sound but it's low volume?: Hey! I've been using my PC and today, for some reason the system sounds, for example the "run as administrator" pop-up one, are low volume. [ATTACH] Got the volume in 47 or something like that and the Google Chrome, Discord, etc were high volume, so I dont think it was...
  6. Low Volume Sound in Laptop

Low Volume Sound in Laptop: Volume sound in my Laptop is too low, despite making trobleshooting and adjusting to maximun levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume-sound-in-laptop/798cfeed-767e-464c-8e00-595d97f8b162
  7. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  8. Buzzing Sound Occasionally in-game making game sound very low even in 100% volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing Sound Occasionally in-game making game sound very low even in 100% volume.: Hi, There is a buzzing sound only when I play game which glitches my whole laptop (MSI ge62 6qd Apache pro with Windows 10 64 bits). When the buzzing sound happens, the audio of my game become so low and sometimes even cut the whole audio of the game only. It is not an...
  9. Low sound volume?

Low sound volume?: Since updating my wife's and my Sister-N-Law's laptops to the April update And the CU the volume on their laptops is low even though the volume is set to 100. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card drivers. My wife's...
  10. Low sound volume

Low sound volume: Since going from Win8 to Win10 tech preview I have had to increase my volume a lot more than before to hear anything. Has anyone else had sound volume issues with Win10? thanks 3965