Windows 10: Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

Discus and support Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a GTX 1660 Super paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz processor, B550 Gaming PLUS motherboard, 16Gb RAM, and a 465Gb SSD which I use to run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kody_589, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Kody_589 Win User

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

I have a GTX 1660 Super paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz processor, B550 Gaming PLUS motherboard, 16Gb RAM, and a 465Gb SSD which I use to run the game I am talking about.My issue is that when I am playing a game such as Java Minecraft using Forge to load mods, my FPS drops quite often no matter what I have the FPS limit set to however my CPU and GPU usage are both stable below 30% at all times. I have a 165Hz monitor so I usually use V-Sync in-game however even when I set it to 60FPS cap it will drop down to 30 - 40 often. I should also note that when I set the FPS to unlimited in-game it wi

:)

Kody_589, Jan 30, 2024

2. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no improvement so far.

can i get some help for this please.

Prince Jangra, Jan 30, 2024
  3. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked igfxupdate.exe Windows process - What is it? but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Jan 30, 2024
  4. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

Hi, Do2k

All right, first let's check if one with PCI-Express is in a version below, the strange thing is that CPU and GPU bottlenecks are occurring at the same time, we'll have to see on the part.

What resolution are you using?

What is the motherboard brand?

List games that are experiencing low GPU usage.

Independent Advisor - Community

Thanks

Ivan Bitencourt., Jan 30, 2024
Thema:

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

1. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games? - Similar Threads - Why GPU CPU

2. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and I still have FPS drops in games?: I have a GTX 1660 Super paired with a Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz processor, B550 Gaming PLUS motherboard, 16Gb RAM, and a 465Gb SSD which I use to run the game I am talking about.My issue is that when I am playing a game such as Java Minecraft using Forge to load mods, my FPS drops...
  3. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  4. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  5. Why Do I have low fps and low cpu and gpu utilization csgo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I have low fps and low cpu and gpu utilization csgo?: My Specs:RTX 3060 Ti i5-12400F16GB RAMThe problem: Im testing with csgo because I know its more of a cpu heavy game and thats what I play often, I noticed that I have 300 fps intead of 500 and 600sand its even dropping down to the 180s I watched videos with it with the same...
  6. Why Do I have low fps and low cpu and gpu utilization csgo?

Why Do I have low fps and low cpu and gpu utilization csgo?: My Specs:RTX 3060 Ti i5-12400F16GB RAMThe problem: Im testing with csgo because I know its more of a cpu heavy game and thats what I play often, I noticed that I have 300 fps intead of 500 and 600sand its even dropping down to the 180s I watched videos with it with the same...
  7. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?: Hi, recently I got a new GPU, an RTX 3070. Even knowing my CPU could bottleneck my GPU I decided to go for it.I felt the bottleneck wouldn't be that bad since I looked for benchmarks with the same components and it seemed like I wouldn't get extreme frame drops, the videos I...
  8. Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?

Why is my GPU and CPU usage so low and still have fps drops in games?: Hi, recently I got a new GPU, an RTX 3070. Even knowing my CPU could bottleneck my GPU I decided to go for it.I felt the bottleneck wouldn't be that bad since I looked for benchmarks with the same components and it seemed like I wouldn't get extreme frame drops, the videos I...
  9. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  10. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...