Windows 10: Why is my HDD slowing down my PC?

Discus and support Why is my HDD slowing down my PC? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; OK, so I've got a Toshiba 1TB HDD, but my old HDD (WD Caviar Blue 250GB SATAIII) slows down my pc everytime I plug it in. I plug in the SATA, the SATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BarneY60, Mar 30, 2019.

1. BarneY60 Win User

Why is my HDD slowing down my PC?

OK, so I've got a Toshiba 1TB HDD, but my old HDD (WD Caviar Blue 250GB SATAIII) slows down my pc everytime I plug it in. I plug in the SATA, the SATA Power, but when I try to open it anywhere, Windows Explorer crashes, Diskpart is not listing the disks, and Windows installers (I tried wint 7, 8.1 and 10) don't load in, and if I try to boot from it, it says that "Non-System Disk or harmed disk. And when i try DPS Self-Test in BIOS, it says that " disk replacement recommented", and I don't know what to do with it, because some important files are on it.
    Thanks for any help!

:)

BarneY60, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Why is my HDD slowing down my PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Why is my HDD slowing down my PC?

1. Why is my HDD slowing down my PC? - Similar Threads - Why HDD slowing

2. Why is my hdd slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hdd slow?: I have a seagate hdd that holds 2 Tb of storage and no where near being full. The task manager does say it is at 100%. Read speed mostly stays under 1 mb / s and write speed jumps up to 100 mb then goes down under 1 mb. What would i do in this situation...
  3. Why is my hdd slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hdd slow?: I have a seagate hdd that holds 2 Tb of storage and no where near being full. The task manager does say it is at 100%. Read speed mostly stays under 1 mb / s and write speed jumps up to 100 mb then goes down under 1 mb. What would i do in this situation...
  4. Why is my pc slowing down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc slowing down?: For some reason, my PC is currently running slow at random times and when it occurs it doesn't stop. For example, I will browse on the computer, and if I click on anything then the cursor starts to freeze and the application starts to slowly open, or if maximize the screen or...
  5. Why is my pc slowing down?

Why is my pc slowing down?: For some reason, my PC is currently running slow at random times and when it occurs it doesn't stop. For example, I will browse on the computer, and if I click on anything then the cursor starts to freeze and the application starts to slowly open, or if maximize the screen or...
  6. Why is my pc slowing down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why is my pc slowing down for no reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc slowing down for no reason?: It always crashes on Roblox, it started lagging on my favourite game and always gets stuck on the restarting screen until I force shut it down by holding the power button...
  8. Why is my pc slowing down for no reason?

Why is my pc slowing down for no reason?: It always crashes on Roblox, it started lagging on my favourite game and always gets stuck on the restarting screen until I force shut it down by holding the power button...
  9. System Reserved partition on HDD slow down my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved partition on HDD slow down my PC?: Hi! I have Windows installed on SSD, but System Reserved partition is on HDD. Will this slow down my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved-partition-on-hdd-slow-down-my-pc/e914d71d-40ee-492a-b4d2-7a9d3334dc4b
  10. Why my PC is slow down?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why my PC is slow down?: hello,why does my computer slow down when I soak it in beans? Help would be much appreciated![Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-my-pc-is-slow-down/cc149048-281f-4dc6-9ec8-b737465bd1f1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd is slowing down

2. my pc is slowing down when i add additional hdd