Windows 10: Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

Discus and support Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this computer for a couple years now, and the touch screen and everything was working perfectly fine up until about a month and a half ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ali578943, Nov 29, 2022.

1. ali578943 Win User

Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

I have had this computer for a couple years now, and the touch screen and everything was working perfectly fine up until about a month and a half ago. When I look at my settings, it says "Pen and touch not available for this display" and when I go into device manager under human interfaces, there is not a touch screen option to try and disable and enable the driver. I have tried a soft reset of the laptop and still nothing is working.

:)

ali578943, Nov 29, 2022

2. HP Envy x360 with 1440p screen?

So I bought a refurb HP Envy x360 with the AMD FX 9800P and recently discovered I could set the screen resolution to 2560x1440 despite HP advertising this machine as only being capable of 1920x1080. Has anyone else bought one of these and found they could change the resolution to 1440P? I was thinking maybe since mine is a refurb that it was originally returned for some kind of screen issue and they replaced the screen with whatever they had lying around that day, which could well have been a screen meant for a Spectre, and not an Envy, since the Spectre does come with a 1440p screen. Would a mistake like this even be possible? It came in an Envy box and it says Envy everywhere on the laptop where it should say it. There is no external evidence that this might actually be a Spectre and not an Envy. So is this a fluke or all of these capable of displaying 1440p instead of being limited to 1080p as advertised?

sliderider, Nov 29, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

HP ENVY x360 Touchscreen and Driver issues

Hi Milad,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

This issue can occur if some of the system files and drivers are not working as expected.

Suggest you to refer and follow the steps from this article on ‘Troubleshooting Touch Screen issues’.

Important: Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024 x 768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Follow these steps to uninstall the driver from the PC.

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Select the arrow next to Human Interface Devices and select HID-compliant touch screen.
    3. Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
    4. Restart your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    You may also want to
    download the drivers from the OEM HP website
    and install it to check if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

1. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working? - Similar Threads - Why Envy x360

2. HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working: Hey, I had to reset my notebook PC. After the reset, the touch screen has stopped working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360-touch-screen-not-working/0a2f0785-66d2-48a1-ada9-a66c824572b0
  3. HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working: Hey, I had to reset my notebook PC. After the reset, the touch screen has stopped working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360-touch-screen-not-working/0a2f0785-66d2-48a1-ada9-a66c824572b0
  4. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?: I have had this computer for a couple years now, and the touch screen and everything was working perfectly fine up until about a month and a half ago. When I look at my settings, it says "Pen and touch not available for this display" and when I go into device manager under...
  5. Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my HP Envy x360 touch screen no longer working?: I have had this computer for a couple years now, and the touch screen and everything was working perfectly fine up until about a month and a half ago. When I look at my settings, it says "Pen and touch not available for this display" and when I go into device manager under...
  6. Touchscreen HP ENVY x360

Touchscreen HP ENVY x360: Hi. I have problems with the touch screen laptop HP ENVY X 360 M6-W105DX does not work the touch screen driver. Operating system Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. The BIOS has been updated to the latest version of F.37, the new Windows 10 Home 2004 has been loaded, all Windows Update...
  7. Camera is not working on my HP Envy x360

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera is not working on my HP Envy x360: I tried to participate with Zoom on my HP Envy but the camera did not activate, sound works but no video. What do I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working-on-my-hp-envy-x360/a90b34f5-21f9-4759-9eb8-71af510d7530
  8. HP ENVY x360 Tablet Touchscreen Not Working!!!

HP ENVY x360 Tablet Touchscreen Not Working!!!: How do I fix my tablet/ touchscreen? I have tried everything online and nothing has worked.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-x360-tablet-touchscreen-not-working/726a40bb-7130-49a2-ab9d-2836b23f4b54
  9. HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy x360: My desktop went down so I connected my monitor to the laptop, but every time I try to turn the screen around to the back the keyboard does not work. Any suggestions on how to keep keyboard from shutting down? I've already set it up to only show on the large monitor....
  10. HP Envy x360 Touchscreen not working

HP Envy x360 Touchscreen not working: I just bought a new Hp envy laptop not even 3 days ago and I'm having problems with the touch screen. The touchscreen will continually switch from being responsive and unresponsive. I've tried almost everything online and it still is being like this....