Windows 10: Why is my HP laptop with windows 10 freezing during these "moments" specifically please

Discus and support Why is my HP laptop with windows 10 freezing during these "moments" specifically please in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using Microsoft Edge to watch youtube it freezes When I plug in a usb device like my phone to transfer files when I leave it idle for a few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OmarKhan5, Feb 25, 2019.

1. OmarKhan5 Win User

Why is my HP laptop with windows 10 freezing during these "moments" specifically please

Using Microsoft Edge to watch youtube it freezes

When I plug in a usb device like my phone to transfer files

when I leave it idle for a few minutes

I did restore the OS and the USB issue was resolved but its still freezing

so far when I watch youtube

That's going on?

:)

OmarKhan5, Feb 25, 2019

2. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Feb 25, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Feb 25, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why is my HP laptop with windows 10 freezing during these "moments" specifically please

Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is my HP laptop with windows 10 freezing during these "moments" specifically please - Similar Threads - Why laptop freezing

2. My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?: Hello everyone, I posted a similar question here last month and got a reply that required that I do something involving a process that was a bit too technical My laptop freezes at least twice every day, so I always turn it off and on again as a temporary measure. Here are the...
  3. My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?: Hello everyone, I posted a similar question here last month and got a reply that required that I do something involving a process that was a bit too technical My laptop freezes at least twice every day, so I always turn it off and on again as a temporary measure. Here are the...
  4. My Windows 10 HP 650 laptop freezes every day, Any suggestions for the problem, please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my camera freezing during use?

Why is my camera freezing during use?: Currently my Hp Laptop 15-dy1xxx 's camera has started to freeze completely when in use for example opening the camera app. Or saying it isn't able to run because another device is using it despite there is no another device when I check. I have tried the recommended trouble...
  6. Why is my camera freezing during use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera freezing during use?: Currently my Hp Laptop 15-dy1xxx 's camera has started to freeze completely when in use for example opening the camera app. Or saying it isn't able to run because another device is using it despite there is no another device when I check. I have tried the recommended trouble...
  7. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP: Hi!I have a problem with a laptop and I searched and tried everything for months but I couldn't repair it.The laptop is a ASUS U80V one. It happened after a Win10 update. Simply Windows 10 freezes during the start-up rotating dots pause and I cannot do anything except...
  8. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP: Hi!I have a problem with a laptop and I searched and tried everything for months but I couldn't repair it.The laptop is a ASUS U80V one. It happened after a Win10 update. Simply Windows 10 freezes during the start-up rotating dots pause and I cannot do anything except...
  9. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

10. Laptop freeze during installation

Laptop freeze during installation: I have been experiencing some difficulties with my laptop eluktronics p650hp freezing randomly, especially when typing, so I decided to restore the Windows without losing my files. During the process of installation though, at 9% the system froze, and it's been that way for...