Windows 10: Why is my internet connection so slow in Windows 10?

Discus and support Why is my internet connection so slow in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Hope someone can help here. I have two Windows 7 PCs which connect to my 'BT Home Hub': since they sit right next to the hub, I connect them with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by martinlest, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Why is my internet connection so slow in Windows 10?

Hi. Hope someone can help here. I have two Windows 7 PCs which connect to my 'BT Home Hub': since they sit right next to the hub, I connect them with a LAN cable. I get download speeds of around 75Mbps.

My Windows 10 laptop (HP Envy 360) though, which connects via the home wi-fi more often than not has real problems with online tasks hanging. At the moment I get less than 1Mbps and can't even access my email.

I don't know if this is because of Windows 10 and/or my settings (though on occasions things do run OK, so not sure that that could be the reason) or the wi-fi... Before I phone my internet provider, can anyone suggest some suitable troubleshooting steps? The HP laptop has no ethernet port so I can't just plug in a cable (I guess there is a converter available, but I don't have one).

I will try unplugging one of the PCs and see how it gets on, but I then have to set it up for wi-fi instead... But meanwhile...?

Thanks!

:)

martinlest, Feb 3, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these Methods :

1. Close the Peer to Peer Update Process on Your PC to Fix Slow Internet after Windows 10 Update

Shut down the peer to peer update process on your PC. That is to say, you need to close the channel which you can download applications and system updates from other PC’s connected to the server since it limits your internet bandwidth seeding to other users.

Step 1. Click Start menu and then type Settings to open it.

Step 2. Select “Update and Security“.

Step 3. Click the “Advanced Options” tab.

Step 4. Click the option “Choose How Updates are Delivered".

Step 5. Turn off the On button.

2. Adjust the Internet Bandwidth Settings

Since windows 10, by default, reserves 20% of the internet bandwidth for the system applications and its operating system, you can’t browse or surf on the internet with 100% internet connection. This solution speeds up the dropping internet speed by trimming
    down the bandwidth which is reserved for Windows 10 and system applications. Follow the step-by-step guide to tackle slow internet after Windows 10 Update.

Step 1. Press Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open Run dialog box.

Step 2. Type gpedit.msc and then hit OK.

Step 3. Give permissions. A pop-up window will open with title of Group Policy.

Step 4. Click on Computer Configuration on the right side of the window.

Step 5. Navigate to: Administrative Templates -> Network – > Qos Packet Scheduler – > Limit reservable bandwidth.

Step 6. Click on Enable.

Step 7. Change the Value from 20 to 0.

Step 8. Apply and then click OK.

3. Disable Window Auto-Tuning

Window Auto-Tuning which is enabled by default improves performance for programs by receiving TCP data over a network. Slower internet speed after Windows 10 Update could hit your computer when Window Auto-Tuning feature is “ON”. While luckily, you can disable
    Windows Auto-Tuning level to improve the internet speed for the Windows 10 update. Use administrator privileges to process the following steps.

Step 1. Press Win + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2. Type the command netsh interface tcp show global in the window.

Step 3. Check for Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level and if it is normal, you will need to disable it.

Step 4. Type the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled to disable it.

You can perform an internet speed test to see whether those adjustments improve your internet speed or not. If not, you can re-enable the Window Auto-Tuning level by typing the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal in the Command Prompt (Admin).

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-slo...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Why is my internet connection so slow in Windows 10?

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Why is my internet connection so slow in Windows 10?

1. Why is my internet connection so slow in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why internet connection

2. Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?: Recently, my internet and download speeds have been so slow, that I have recently been VERY HAPPY to use my iPhone's MOBILE HOTSPOT just to get A FEW MORE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. That's on ONE OR TWO BARS of 4G LTE where I live. I hate it. Nice, very functional PC; nice setup;...
  3. Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my internet and download speeds so slow?: Recently, my internet and download speeds have been so slow, that I have recently been VERY HAPPY to use my iPhone's MOBILE HOTSPOT just to get A FEW MORE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. That's on ONE OR TWO BARS of 4G LTE where I live. I hate it. Nice, very functional PC; nice setup;...
  4. WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW: PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO FRUSTRATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow/78354534-2a39-4565-9842-28cefb1c9cdd
  5. WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW: PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO FRUSTRATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow/78354534-2a39-4565-9842-28cefb1c9cdd
  6. Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?: I have been using public Wifi for some months now with no issues but recently I have been having problems where the internet constantly drops connection literally every 10-15 seconds after it connects and wont load a web page, but I noticed I was able to use it after around...
  7. Why is the windows 10 so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is the windows 10 so slow?: Why is the windows 10 so slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-windows-10-so-slow/0d66d253-0b06-40bb-af8c-0bf4521a5ce9
  8. my internet is so slow

my internet is so slow: Hello, I have a issue with the internet 1 week ago, my internet was very good, but now I can't even access websites with the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-is-so-slow/2e5a92c6-8460-4f1a-9cd7-64b4e7da7685
  9. Why Window 10 is so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Window 10 is so slow?: My computer is running slowly when it got windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-window-10-is-so-slow/04f39f6c-e865-4065-8bc4-ee80711fe8b9
  10. Why is my download from the internet so slow?

Why is my download from the internet so slow?: All of a sudden I can't seem to download from the internet it is off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-is-my-download-from-the-internet-so-slow/4917f1cb-da26-492d-898a-bf0c95936712

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why win 10 mobile is slow in internet connection