Windows 10: why is my internet going away

Discus and support why is my internet going away in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; router A is in the living room and the main internet wire is going into it. router B is in my bedroom and i connected a long network wire from A to B... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cns00, May 23, 2020.

1. cns00 Win User

why is my internet going away

router A is in the living room and the main internet wire is going into it. router B is in my bedroom and i connected a long network wire from A to B and the network wire is going to port number 4 in the router and the light of the port is on

the internet is spoiling in my room and when that happens the light of port number 4 is off. i have to unplug the network wire from port number 4, then i switch off the router, then i plug in the network wire and then i switch on the router and the light is coming back on in port number 4 and then the internet comes back in my room. it works for a few days and then the light of port number 4 goes off again and i have to repeat the steps to fix it

before the internet used to spoil in my room once every month. now it spoils once every few days. what is going on? is the fault on:-
    1) head of the network wire and i have to cut the head and connect a new head to the wire
    2) router settings are bad and i am getting invalid ip address
    3) router is bad

:)

cns00, May 23, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • why is my internet going away [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 23, 2020
  4. why is my internet going away

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 23, 2020
Thema:

why is my internet going away

1. why is my internet going away - Similar Threads - why internet going

2. Why did my internet connection go to ****?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my internet connection go to ****?: So ladies, gentlemen, and inbetweens, I have an issue. A few days ago I decided I hated how disorganized all of my files had become and decided I needed a fresh start. So I did as anyone reasonable would do. Backed up the data I wanted to and did a full wipe, leaving me on a...
  3. Why did my internet connection go to ****?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my internet connection go to ****?: So ladies, gentlemen, and inbetweens, I have an issue. A few days ago I decided I hated how disorganized all of my files had become and decided I needed a fresh start. So I did as anyone reasonable would do. Backed up the data I wanted to and did a full wipe, leaving me on a...
  4. Why is the Volume and what I'm listening to not going away?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the Volume and what I'm listening to not going away?: Hi- I have found myself with two black boxes on my desktop whenever I am listening to music or watching a video. These boxes are shown in the attached picture and include the volume I'm listening at and what I am listening to. They will not go away if clicked on and are...
  5. Why is the Volume and what I'm listening to not going away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Volume and what I'm listening to not going away?: Hi- I have found myself with two black boxes on my desktop whenever I am listening to music or watching a video. These boxes are shown in the attached picture and include the volume I'm listening at and what I am listening to. They will not go away if clicked on and are...
  6. Why is the Volume and what I'm listening to not going away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. watermark not going away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    watermark not going away: after the last update i keep getting the activate windows water mark and this is a payed version. how do i get rid of this?when i restart the pc it goes away for a while then it come back...
  8. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  9. Why did Briefcsae go away in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did Briefcsae go away in Windows 10?: I use briefcase between multiple computers in my shop that are not connected to the internet. These are portable devices that need files synced with the NAS server when back in the shop. My first new laptop running Windows 10 and it is worthless to me. If Microsoft does not...
  10. Internet toolbar - how do I make this go away??

Internet toolbar - how do I make this go away??: Please can someone help me out here - this annoying Internet Explorer toolbar is just staying at the top of my screen! I have tried to delete Internet Explorer, but it doesn't even show up on my apps and things. Here's a snip: [IMG]...