Windows 10: Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

Discus and support Why is my internet not showing but it is for others? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, I’ve had an issue where my internet randomly disconnects and disappears from the wifi list. For others the wifi is still there, however.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesRallison, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

Recently, I’ve had an issue where my internet randomly disconnects and disappears from the wifi list. For others the wifi is still there, however.The only method I know to counter this is just to turn my wifi off and on. However, since my family use the wifi a lot it becomes a problem when I need to restart it. Also, this issue occurs daily and it becomes really annoying having to constantly turn my wifi off and on.I’ve already tried network reset, netsh winsock and some other commands.Any help is appreciated!

:)

JamesRallison, Dec 26, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Dongle is working properly but showing no internet

Hi Monica,

Just to clarify, are you using a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet instead of the built in WiFi adapter of your device? Or are you using a desktop PC and is the WiFi dongle to connect to the internet? For now, what we can suggest is to follow all of
    the recommended troubleshooting steps on this article to resolve the issue. Be sure to click
    Show all to see all of the instructions. Please follow all of the recommended so we could troubleshoot further.

If the issue would still persist after doing all of the steps, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any updates/changes to your device prior to the issue happening?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Dec 26, 2021
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Dec 26, 2021
  4. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Dec 26, 2021
Thema:

Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

1. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others? - Similar Threads - Why internet showing

2. My Pc will not connect to my homes internet but other internet names are showing up. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc will not connect to my homes internet but other internet names are showing up. How do...: I recently got a new Pc and it just will not connect to my homes internet. It’s brand new so I’m trying to set it up but I cannot without WiFi and no matter what I try I cannot find my homes WiFi on it....
  3. My Pc will not connect to my homes internet but other internet names are showing up. How do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc will not connect to my homes internet but other internet names are showing up. How do...: I recently got a new Pc and it just will not connect to my homes internet. It’s brand new so I’m trying to set it up but I cannot without WiFi and no matter what I try I cannot find my homes WiFi on it....
  4. Why is my pc connection showing Secured,No internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my pc connection showing Secured,No internet: My phone internet has not been connecting to my Windows 10 PC since yesterday,it kept on showing me Secure,No internet ... Please help me out...
  5. Why is my pc connection showing Secured,No internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc connection showing Secured,No internet: My phone internet has not been connecting to my Windows 10 PC since yesterday,it kept on showing me Secure,No internet ... Please help me out...
  6. Why is my pc connection showing Secured,No internet

7. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?: Recently, I’ve had an issue where my internet randomly disconnects and disappears from the wifi list. For others the wifi is still there, however.The only method I know to counter this is just to turn my wifi off and on. However, since my family use the wifi a lot it becomes...
  8. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?: Recently, I’ve had an issue where my internet randomly disconnects and disappears from the wifi list. For others the wifi is still there, however.The only method I know to counter this is just to turn my wifi off and on. However, since my family use the wifi a lot it becomes...
  9. Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?: Some of my thumbnails are showing and others are not. There is no rhyme or reason why this is happening. I've gone into "HOME: VIEW: OPTIONS: CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS: VIEW: and there, insured the check mark was NOT in "Always show icons, never thumbnails." What else...
  10. Internet shows other internet connections than just mine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet shows other internet connections than just mine: When I sign onto my computer, I'm seeing other internet connections than mine such as Motorola-F980D and Hidden Network, as well as other pop-up. They show to connect automatically when I sign on, but I never authorized this and don't know how to make it stop. I click off the...