Windows 10: Why is my LAN connection slow to come from sleep on using Balanced power mode?

Discus and support Why is my LAN connection slow to come from sleep on using Balanced power mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got my machine on Balanced Power mode and really the only thing I don't like about it is that when the machine wakes up, the LAN takes about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pleaseclap4, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Why is my LAN connection slow to come from sleep on using Balanced power mode?

I've got my machine on Balanced Power mode and really the only thing I don't like about it is that when the machine wakes up, the LAN takes about a full minute to come back, so during that time, I have no internet. I didn't see any settings regarding LAN(not wifi) interfaces so I'm wondering why this happens and if there is a workaround or should I just go with the high setting?

submitted by /u/Pleaseclap4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pleaseclap4, Jan 18, 2021

2. winodws 10 -- laptop will not come out of sleep mode

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

As per description, you are facing issue with the sleep mode.

I would suggest you to follow methods given below and check

Method 1:

Run Power Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run power troubleshooter which will tell you if there is something wrong with the power settings.

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All on the top left corner.
    • Run Power troubleshooter.

If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2:

Follow these steps check the Power Options settings. You can set them to default and check.

a. Press Windows key + X

b. Select Power Options.

c. Check if the preferred plan is Balanced.

d. Click on Change when the computer sleeps and select
    Restore Default settings for this plan.

If issue didn’t get resolve try method 3.

Method 3: Create a power plan

• Press Windows key + X

• Select Power Options.

• Click where it says "Create a power plan" in the area on the left side of the Power options window.

• Select a power plan to start with such as
      "Balanced" or "High performance" and then click "Next."

• Select a number of minutes you want both the display and the computer sleep mode, and then click "Create."

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 18, 2021
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Why is my LAN connection slow to come from sleep on using Balanced power mode?

DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

Hi!

For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker
    I've seen it Spike several times in regions where it's not supposed to. The only time that this does not is when power saver mode is enabled. I would prefer to keep balanced on.

In conclusion is it possible for me to determine the DPC issue in balanced mode and high power mode but is not present in power saver?

***Edited Original Title From: What is the difference between balanced and power saving mode in Windows 10***

CoreyTurner1, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Why is my LAN connection slow to come from sleep on using Balanced power mode?

1. Why is my LAN connection slow to come from sleep on using Balanced power mode? - Similar Threads - Why LAN connection

2. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  3. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  4. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Battery power balanced mode issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery power balanced mode issue.: So I got my brand new laptop and it’s a Lenovo legion 7. I was play while plugged in and it’s amazing of how powerful it is. But I noticed something. One day I was playing and mid game I unplugged it to move spots and the laptop went to balanced mode, balanced mode was...
  6. Battery power balanced mode issue.

Battery power balanced mode issue.: So I got my brand new laptop and it’s a Lenovo legion 7. I was play while plugged in and it’s amazing of how powerful it is. But I noticed something. One day I was playing and mid game I unplugged it to move spots and the laptop went to balanced mode, balanced mode was...
  7. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  8. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  9. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

10. DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode: Hi! For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker I've seen...