Windows 10: Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

Discus and support Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I have a big problem at the moment with my ethernet. It's stuck at 100Mbs when the adapter properties on speed and duplex are set at 1000Mbs. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark Rogers4, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

Hi All,I have a big problem at the moment with my ethernet. It's stuck at 100Mbs when the adapter properties on speed and duplex are set at 1000Mbs. I have changed the cable and checked with another laptop that is also running windows 10 and that connects fine at 1000Mbs. I'm completed stumped and cannot sort it out no matter what I try.RegardsMark

:)

Mark Rogers4, Feb 21, 2024
  2. Dartman Win User

Marvell 88E8056 seems stuck at 100mbs

Been playing with my new install of 10 pro and this network adapter built into my P6T Deluxe claims to be connected at 1 gig, however actual speed appears to be 100mbs full duplex, plus it moves in chunks and stops a lot.
    I'm trying to transfer and video edit things from my win7 ultimate machine and it's adapter IS connected at 1 gig and even has 1 gig full duplex listed in advanced options.
    The 8056 only shows auto negotiate and 100 full duplex and lower as options. I've been searching around, tried a few cables, all 5e but they have worked before, and both machines are hooked to a extra 1 gig router I turned into a switch just for these two boxes.
    I would like to at least get a smooth full speed or close 100 connection without all the stops, starts, and slowdowns. There don't appear to be any newer drivers then the one Microsoft gives me in 10 and Marvel only list a win 8 install from 2012
    So any ideas would be appreciated, I'm chasing all kinds of minor annoyances right now but this one really ticks me off, thanks.

Dartman, Feb 21, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

Windows 10 can't connect to lan gaming

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

1. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why LAN connection

2. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10: Hi All,I have a big problem at the moment with my ethernet. It's stuck at 100Mbs when the adapter properties on speed and duplex are set at 1000Mbs. I have changed the cable and checked with another laptop that is also running windows 10 and that connects fine at 1000Mbs. I'm...
  3. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10: Hi All,I have a big problem at the moment with my ethernet. It's stuck at 100Mbs when the adapter properties on speed and duplex are set at 1000Mbs. I have changed the cable and checked with another laptop that is also running windows 10 and that connects fine at 1000Mbs. I'm...
  4. Why is my CPU stuck at 100%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my CPU stuck at 100%?: I have tried to tweak some settings in registry and it did work for a day I was getting 85-90 CPU utilization but it still goes to 100, I've tried allocating only RAM into some apps and I have tried to close some background apps. After doing that my CPU drops between 100-50...
  5. Why is my CPU stuck at 100%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my CPU stuck at 100%?: I have tried to tweak some settings in registry and it did work for a day I was getting 85-90 CPU utilization but it still goes to 100, I've tried allocating only RAM into some apps and I have tried to close some background apps. After doing that my CPU drops between 100-50...
  6. Why windows 10 cumulative update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why windows 10 cumulative update stuck at 100%: Hi, I am fade up with monthly cumulative updates and how they stuck after downloading 100%. Even restart does not work and jewel in the crown, troubleshooter never tells the error. Why they stuck at 100% and why there are so heavy updates every month? When we would get...
  7. 100mbs cap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100mbs cap: my router is capable of pushing 300mbs download and 100mbs upload. i've had my computer for a couple of years now and this has been bugging me forever. when checking the ethernet cable's properties on windows 10, it shows its capped at 100mpbs, i tried unplugging and...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck at 100%: I am concerned as I began to download windows 10 on my laptop and its finally reached 100% but now its stuck and it isn't doing anything. Its Windows 10, version 1909. I included a picture of how it looks.[ATTACH]...
  9. Connection to my LAN

Connection to my LAN: My computer connects to my LAN on startup. If I leave my computer for just a few minutes and come back, I am disconnected from my LAN. I can run the troubleshooting program, and it reconnects. This is extremely annoying. How do I fix?...
  10. Marvell 88E8056 seems stuck at 100mbs

Marvell 88E8056 seems stuck at 100mbs: Been playing with my new install of 10 pro and this network adapter built into my P6T Deluxe claims to be connected at 1 gig, however actual speed appears to be 100mbs full duplex, plus it moves in chunks and stops a lot. I'm trying to transfer and video edit things from my...