Windows 10: Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...

Discus and support Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; title.also it like does it really fast it just goes crazy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aisha Azam1, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...

title.also it like does it really fast it just goes crazy.

:)

Aisha Azam1, Dec 18, 2022

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: Change notification and quick settings in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 18, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 10 ACTION CENTER

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, do let us know what exactly you mean by "opening again and again".

Meanwhile I would suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the action center icon and check if it helps.

1. Type "turn system icons on or off" in the search bar and open it.

2. Turn off "action center" if its enabled.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 18, 2022
  4. BK3366 Win User

Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...

Help with Action Center

I've read through the thread you referred me to from above.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    I ended up having to go in through settings to look at the above suggestion. When I typed it in the Start menu it took me to the internet. After that this popped up on me with notification. BUT, Action Center is on.

Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center... a57c0336-4c1f-4471-9be5-c75258c3f683.jpg

No clue on that at all. I think that's something else from me being sent to the internet while checking to see if Action Center is On or not.

I looked at the second suggestion and I've already ran two of these scans. Or I'm I reading the suggestion wrong. Do I type all of that in at once and not hit enter? Or are all of these separate scans?

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I do appreciate all of this help. Thank you.

BK3366, Dec 18, 2022
Thema:

Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...

1. Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center... - Similar Threads - Why laptop repeadtly

2. Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...: title.also it like does it really fast it just goes crazy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-repeadtly-doing-things-im-not/ccfce2d0-67e6-4125-997b-2ceb0efff97c
  3. Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop repeadtly doing things im not doing ex: opening search bar/action center...: title.also it like does it really fast it just goes crazy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-repeadtly-doing-things-im-not/ccfce2d0-67e6-4125-997b-2ceb0efff97c
  4. action center will not open from task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center will not open from task bar: action center will not open from task bar. calendar will not open from task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open-from-task-bar/be04c14a-2f7d-4cf6-8eb9-ee608ca0ce6a
  5. Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't open action center, can't type in search bar: In the past few days i'm having a problem with opening action center or type in search bar. What happens is i click on the bar or the icon, but its immediately closes it self like i double click on it really fast. It's not the first time it happened, i had this problem like...
  6. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  7. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  8. edge browser/open action center do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge browser/open action center do not open: I downloaded New CorelDraw X3 Graphic.CDR from the internet yesterday. On installing the software, my edge browser/open action center and such peculiar features of windows 10 do not open at a click. what can I do to restore to normal functions?...
  9. Can't open my slide search bar... Can.t close Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open my slide search bar... Can.t close Action Center: I had 8.1 with the sliding search bar and settings and it will not open. it opens up with Action Center..no X to get rid of the page. I did add Cortona and wonder if she took over my slide search page. Not liking this already. Just shut Cortona off and the Action...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...