Windows 10: Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows

Discus and support Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have been stuck on this for twenty minutes, tried switching it off and starting again but no luck, can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Will Callaghan, May 15, 2024.

1. Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows

Have been stuck on this for twenty minutes, tried switching it off and starting again but no luck, can anyone help?

:)

Will Callaghan, May 15, 2024

2. Laptop stuck up at preparing to configure windows

The laptop is stuck up at “preparing to configure windows Don’t turn off your computer “. It’s been more than three hours and it still displays the same. What to do ?

what can i do to make the laptop to turn on ?

shaik MuhammedAbdullah, May 15, 2024
  3. Computer Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows

Hi Reegan,

Your concern regarding the stuck on preparing to configure screen in Windows can be due to changes on your device configuration/settings or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build and version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and run a check health (DISM) command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files which may prevent your device from starting properly.
    To do this, you can follow the steps on this Forum Article created by
    community MVP ZigZag3143.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 15, 2024
  4. Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows

Preparing to configure windows - Stuck

My gaming laptop (Medion Erazer X6603) is stuck on the screen; preparing to configure windows - Do not turn off your computer.

I’ve tried turning it on and off again and also tried holding down the f8 key but nothing happens. It just loads up saying the same message again.

Can anyone help?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

ThomasR96111, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows

1. Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows - Similar Threads - Why laptop stuck

2. Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows: Have been stuck on this for twenty minutes, tried switching it off and starting again but no luck, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-stuck-on-preparing-to-configure/be4bdc2e-4548-4f7d-b0d0-e3b943b62901
  3. Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop stuck on preparing to configure Windows: Have been stuck on this for twenty minutes, tried switching it off and starting again but no luck, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-stuck-on-preparing-to-configure/be4bdc2e-4548-4f7d-b0d0-e3b943b62901
  4. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  5. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  6. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  8. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  9. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

10. Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows"

Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows": Hi all. My Surface Go was getting a bit slow so I decided to do a factory reset. But it's been hanging on the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" screen for over 5 hours. A cursory search on the net tells me this is not normal. My machine is the...