Windows 10: Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

Discus and support Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is my Task Manager.Each app uses more ram than usual.I don't use any app but why in task manager it uses a lot of ram.I don't know how to fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnXX_124, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

This is my Task Manager.Each app uses more ram than usual.I don't use any app but why in task manager it uses a lot of ram.I don't know how to fix it pls help me!

:)

JohnXX_124, Jun 15, 2021
  2. MicroZo Win User

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

Help protect my PC with Microsoft Defender Offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

1. Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual - Similar Threads - Why laptop using

2. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  3. Windows explorer using more ram than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer using more ram than usual: Now, idk if this is normal or not on windows 11 but that windows explorer ram usage for something i'm not even using but taking up that much ram is kinda weird. Is there any fix to this or is explorer gonna just take up that amount of ram for the rest now? My 8gb of ram be...
  4. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  5. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  6. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my microsoft teams is using a lot more resources than usual today

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my microsoft teams is using a lot more resources than usual today: ususally my microsft teams takes about 1%-5% of my cpu, but today i launched it, it took way longer than usual to open and now it's using around 20% of my cpu and my laptop is reaching 60 degrees, any ideas how to fix that? submitted by /u/KARLmemes [link] [comments]...
  8. Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?: I have a quick scan going on right now. It's been about twenty minutes and it's still scanning and it's almost at five million files right now. What's happening? Is this a normal quick scan? Or is it actually doing a full scan instead? 2004. - - - Updated - - - I just feel...
  9. Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM?: Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM somewhere around 86% or above always? Is there any solution for this issue? Tell me a solution other than telling me to add new RAM....
  10. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...: My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first wake it up and enter my password to unlock it, it's slow clicking on the lock screen to enter the PIN code. Once I am in, the...