Windows 10: why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

Discus and support why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my Asus notebook has been running ultra slow for a week and just before I got 2 big flashes b4 the latest updates my system message said ( when I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by grannymuch, Mar 20, 2019.

1. why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

my Asus notebook has been running ultra slow for a week and just before I got 2 big flashes b4 the latest updates my system message said ( when I got it on again Windows )Critical Error...so I got the crazy updates and my pc is nearly toast.when I download the files are dumy libraries are in critical disarray duplicating,my photos are mixed up with my downloads and music integrated with pictures all in the one screen,and my documents also,they have merged I can`t restore because I only have 1 restore point now and that is this latest critical update.

:)

grannymuch, Mar 20, 2019
  2. bwallx Win User

Messed up Libraries

Win 10 1809

Somehow my Libraries are messed up with duplicate folders in various different places including under Onedrive. Asking a program to open a Picture folder for example may open an empty one or the correct one. Ditto saving and after saving the file has vanished!! I tried using properties/location to reset or change but get messages that I'm not allowed access or that it doesn't exist!

There was an option I found to reset Libraries but it made no difference. Any suggestions please?

bwallx, Mar 20, 2019
  3. RevoLand Win User
    Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.
    Screenshots:

why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates? LibraryTab.png

why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates? TaskManagerTab.png

why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates? LibraryCleanerTab.png

why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates? SettingsTab.png

Links:
    Latest Release (v1.4.4)
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

RevoLand, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

1. why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates? - Similar Threads - why libraries messed

2. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  3. One drive messed up all my libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One drive messed up all my libraries: Onedrive somehow messed up all my documents, photos and all other photos when I turned on sync. Any fix? submitted by /u/orangelord234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5s7bz/one_drive_messed_up_all_my_libraries/
  4. Latest update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  5. My Libraries messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Libraries messed up: I change the location of the download, music and document. After few month, I regret with my decision and restore to the default location. Any solution for this? The disk just messed up now. [ATTACH]...
  6. After recent update my computer is all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent update my computer is all messed up: Right after the recent update my computer is slow to connect to anything and everything except for the internet, I now get frozen in games after several attempts of trying to launch the game and it takes 2 mins or more to connect to anything such as discord. Please help, I...
  7. Internet messed up after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet messed up after latest Windows Update: I recently updated my Laptop to the latest Windows 10 version, and since then certain websites/services have been unable to be reached or send an error message about the internet. Thanks for your help....
  8. Messed up Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up Libraries: Win 10 1809 Somehow my Libraries are messed up with duplicate folders in various different places including under Onedrive. Asking a program to open a Picture folder for example may open an empty one or the correct one. Ditto saving and after saving the file has vanished!! I...
  9. Latest windows update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  10. Latest Win10 update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update messed up my PC: hello! today i've installed the latest update for windows 10 that came out a few days ago. now my pc wont shut down. the leds from my mouse/keyboard turn off as usual, so does my monitor but not my pc. (i have to hold down the power button) furthermore my pc wont restart...