Windows 10: Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual

Discus and support Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Instead of the usual images that were supposed to be on there, it was a plain blue background I never saw before. I didn't take a picture of it. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rockfan13, Apr 16, 2021.

1. rockfan13 Win User

Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual

Instead of the usual images that were supposed to be on there, it was a plain blue background I never saw before. I didn't take a picture of it. And there was no way to take a screen shot of it either. But yet it was still talking about a bird and Darwin's island.

:)

rockfan13, Apr 16, 2021
  2. KevinAR Win User

Rotating dots on blue background instead of default lock screen

A week ago I switched on my PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card) which had previously been working and on which I had made no changes. It went through the normal boot. There are 5 users and normally it gets to the default lock screen (beach from cave) which I hit enter to display the user list. But this time instead of the lock screen it displayed a blue screen with rotating dots. The dots sometimes made complete circles and sometimes started to make a circle get part way round then jump to the beginning. Mouse+keyboard was not responding. I could access the shared content from another PC. I had previously setup the PC to accept Remote Desktop connection. When I attempted Remote Desktop from my Windows phone my taskbar would load on my phone but the desktop would not and nothing responded. When I tried to access from my laptop it would not respond at all. I logged into safe mode and switched to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This booted but took longer to get to the user list and didn't display the lock screen. Also the user list screen flickered blank and back on. I logged into a user. WIN+L triggered the user's lock screen, but never the default one. Edge displays a blank window but Chrome works correctly. I changed the default lock screen and tried with the ATI driver - same rotating dots. I have a spare nVidia card so I went back to safe mode, changed back to MS Basic Adapter, rebooted into normal mode, uninstalled the ATI software, shutdown, replaced the ATI card with a nVidia card, rebooted - but the same problem of rotating dots on blue background. I ran sfc /scannow which reported some corrupt files which it said it fixed but that didn't cure the problem. I ran chkdsk which found some problems which it fixed. I tried system restore but Windows 10 has never made a restore point! I never got round to making a repair disc. If I load with MS Basic Adapter then let Windows install the correct driver for ATI or nVidia card, the monitor changes to full resolution desktop but the taskbar doesn't appear and there are several black rectangles on the screen, niether mouse nor keyboard work, WIN+L causes the blue screen and rotating dots to appear. Anyone experienced the rotating dots? How did you fix them? All help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

KevinAR, Apr 16, 2021
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual

Screen timeout instead of lock screen problem. Please help.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right Click from Desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Click on screen saver settings.
    • Click on “power and lock” and set it to "never".
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual

1. Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual - Similar Threads - Why lock screen

2. Encountered 3 Blue Screens Today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encountered 3 Blue Screens Today: Encountered 3 blue screens today, very frustrating. Is it possible that the problem is caused by hardware?Three most recent mini-dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIii8wmH8AMfxaMqeo?e=QgLHYjHelp please!...
  3. Encountered 3 Blue Screens Today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Encountered 3 Blue Screens Today: Encountered 3 blue screens today, very frustrating. Is it possible that the problem is caused by hardware?Three most recent mini-dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIii8wmH8AMfxaMqeo?e=QgLHYjHelp please!...
  4. Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related: Hi allI'm experiencing random blue screen crashes and they seem to be related to memory management.I've been using the "WhoCrashed" app to read the dump files and it shows that the crashes are memory and pfn list related.I've addeed a link to the WhoCrashed report, can anyone...
  5. Computer Randomly Blue Screening Today

Computer Randomly Blue Screening Today: Computer hitting me with a few BSOD today, unsure of the reasoning. Typically when just resting at the desktop, not in a game, or under demanding load at all.I updated my nvidia gameforce ready driver today, my possibly be related to that.I've uploaded a zipped file...
  6. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?: Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like...
  7. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?: Earlier today, I noticed that even though Windows was still locked, my lock screen background was displaying my desktop icons and background instead of the lock screen background. It only happened one time - now when I lock it, the lock screen background is displayed like...
  8. Why lock Screen showing Desktop Icons?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish

in Windows 10 Support
    On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish: My Windows 10 Version has apparently been changed from V 2004 (OS build 19041.572 to 0S BUILD 19041.630) Leaving me with a Desktop cleared of my Filing system for my decades of document Folders in my Face so to speak. What's Happened? Has any body else had this problem. It...
  10. Rotating dots on blue background instead of default lock screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Rotating dots on blue background instead of default lock screen: A week ago I switched on my PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card) which had previously been working and on which I had made no changes. It went through the normal boot. There are 5 users and normally it gets to the default lock screen (beach...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why filing folder