Windows 10: Why is my lock screen so slow?

Discus and support Why is my lock screen so slow? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my rig. I got a new case and a new PSU and added an SSDrive. The thing is, none of the things used to boot up have changed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 0EricAdkins, May 6, 2020.

1. Why is my lock screen so slow?

I have recently upgraded my rig. I got a new case and a new PSU and added an SSDrive. The thing is, none of the things used to boot up have changed, except that I got new SATA cables to hook up my old hybrid drive and the new SSD. Now when I boot the PC, when it gets to my lock screen, it stays on the screen for approximately 5-10 minutes without loading the password input box, or the user profiles. It just sits there. After it loads the user profiles, it's fine. I put in my password, and everything runs normally. Whats happening here, and can I fix it? This happens when coming back from sleep or on startup.

:)

0EricAdkins, May 6, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 6, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Why is my lock screen so slow? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 6, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Why is my lock screen so slow?

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Why is my lock screen so slow?

1. Why is my lock screen so slow? - Similar Threads - Why lock screen

2. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer so slow?: Examples: If I click on the URL at the top of the screen to type in or copy a new one, it sometimes takes a while to turn blue. This even happens when I am typing in a box but want to change something already there or sometimes when using arrow keys.Sometimes the screen just...
  3. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  5. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  7. Why is my computer so slow?

Why is my computer so slow?: I have a month-old IdeaPad Flex 5. Here are its specs: Core-i7-1065G7 NVIDIA GeForce MX330 16GB DDR4 RAM 1TB Internal SSD When I tell you this thing is slow, I'm not exaggerating. I literally can not even have zoom this is a school laptop that I got for online school...
  8. Why so slow???

Why so slow???: I just got this PC and it's very slow. I scroll, it lags, I click, it lags. Even when I press the settings, it lags. My internet connection isn't the problem (My other PC that is very old, works much better) If anybody could, please help. And I can't play games nor scroll...
  9. why is my computer so slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my computer so slow: why is my pc so slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-so-slow/550d97c9-58c2-4897-9b8e-1786b6877917
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....