Windows 10: Why is my login screen so buggy?

Discus and support Why is my login screen so buggy? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm very confused why I experience so many bugs during my login screen at seemingly random intervals. Either: -The prompt to enter my pin never... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DevonJeremy, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Why is my login screen so buggy?

I'm very confused why I experience so many bugs during my login screen at seemingly random intervals. Either:

-The prompt to enter my pin never appears

-On rare occasions, after putting in my pin it brings me to a small window asking me to "finish setting up my PC"

-I put in my pin, it thinks for a while, then stutters and brings me back to put my pin in again but actually works the second time

-Or nothing goes wrong at all; a majority of the time, the login is a bit slow, but ultimately works perfectly fine

The first two are solved by just rebooting my PC, and the third is solved by just waiting and entering my pin again, but I'm very confused as to why these issues exist in the first place. They've happened occasionally for as long as I can remember, and in that time I've run dozens of routine virus checks using malwarebytes that have turned up nothing. For the most part, I've kept my PC up-to-date as well; I just installed an update two days ago, experienced no issues the following day, then had the "set up your PC" bug occur this morning. I'm not too worried because everything seems to work perfectly fine after the occasional inconvenience, but if anyone has any idea as to why any of this happens I would be very eager to know. Any insight would be much appreciated :

:)

DevonJeremy, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Why is my login screen so buggy?

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Why is my login screen so buggy? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Why is my login screen so buggy?

1. Why is my login screen so buggy? - Similar Threads - Why login screen

2. Why my screen uptime is so much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my screen uptime is so much: I NEVER use the laptop for more than 5+ hours.I barely use it thoughout the week.Why does it show that the screen is being ON for that much hours. Tried using this command in CMD: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0NO...
  3. Why my screen uptime is so much

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my screen uptime is so much: I NEVER use the laptop for more than 5+ hours.I barely use it thoughout the week.Why does it show that the screen is being ON for that much hours. Tried using this command in CMD: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0NO...
  4. Why is my login screen so zoomed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my login screen so zoomed in: when I try to login to windows I can’t see the login screen and the background is enlarged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-login-screen-so-zoomed-in/6f939bec-b78c-4910-81b8-8686d852dbc6
  5. Why is my login screen so zoomed in

Why is my login screen so zoomed in: when I try to login to windows I can’t see the login screen and the background is enlarged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-login-screen-so-zoomed-in/6f939bec-b78c-4910-81b8-8686d852dbc6
  6. Why is windows 11 enterprise so heavy and buggy on my laptop?

Why is windows 11 enterprise so heavy and buggy on my laptop?: Hi,I've recently bought a new Asus ROG Strix G614JV and i bought a windows 11 enterprise with it.The device performance generally is good, at least it is supposed to be.My problem is that it takes 2 to 3 to 4 minutes to load and open CS:GO which i've downloaded from steam and...
  7. Why is windows 11 enterprise so heavy and buggy on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows 11 enterprise so heavy and buggy on my laptop?: Hi,I've recently bought a new Asus ROG Strix G614JV and i bought a windows 11 enterprise with it.The device performance generally is good, at least it is supposed to be.My problem is that it takes 2 to 3 to 4 minutes to load and open CS:GO which i downloaded from steam and it...
  8. Buggy screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Buggy screen time: Hi, The screen time limit on my son’s computer seems to not let me in.I press “my parent is here” then the screen goes grey and doesn’ do anything no matter what I do. I’ve tried restarting multiple times yet it still, just logs me out after a few minutes of grey screen.Right...
  9. Why is Your Phone Companion so buggy?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Your Phone Companion so buggy?: I've used it on and off for quite a while. When it works, that's great. And then when it stops, nothing. Last night I used it and this morning, nothing. The app on the computer cannot talk with the app on the phone. I did the QR thing and the app on the computer was stuck at...
  10. Why is my lock screen so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my lock screen so slow?: I have recently upgraded my rig. I got a new case and a new PSU and added an SSDrive. The thing is, none of the things used to boot up have changed, except that I got new SATA cables to hook up my old hybrid drive and the new SSD. Now when I boot the PC, when it gets to my...