Windows 10: Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB?

Discus and support Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm cleaning up my Surface Pro 4 due to storage getting high. I noticed that my Mail storage is at 35GB. I don't know why it would be this much. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shaolin912, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB?

I'm cleaning up my Surface Pro 4 due to storage getting high. I noticed that my Mail storage is at 35GB. I don't know why it would be this much. I do not even use my Windows email account. I do use Outlook 2013 for work. Outlook shows my mailbox size to be about 4.8GB. Does Mail storage include Outlook accounts as well? The only other email I use is Gmail, but I check that in my browser.

Any insight how I can clean up my mail storage?

Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB? e23601f8-4f82-4464-8f98-29e235da6322?upload=true.jpg Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB? 6f4018ee-25cb-44ef-b451-f96b3aa4c4f0?upload=true.jpg

:)

shaolin912, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB?

Error in Storage workspace

Hi Joe,

The other files related to the Mail app are possibly hidden that is why it is still taking up 4GB of storage. To check if there are still hidden files related to the Mail app, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Follow this file path: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\
    • Select microsoft.windowscommunicationsappsand go to this file path:
      \LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm.
    • Open the Mail folder and see if you can still see .EML files hiding in that folder.

Get back to us if the storage space will not reduce after performing these steps.

Dennis Mop, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB?

1. Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB? - Similar Threads - Why Mail storage

2. Why is my storage so low?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my storage so low?: I have tried everything. I have tried checking if it was because of a temp folder didn’t work. I have tried using all of the storage clean up recommendations and none work. I have tried deleting a lot of my apps and files didn’t work. I have tried everything and my storage...
  3. Why is my storage so low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my storage so low?: I have tried everything. I have tried checking if it was because of a temp folder didn’t work. I have tried using all of the storage clean up recommendations and none work. I have tried deleting a lot of my apps and files didn’t work. I have tried everything and my storage...
  4. Solved: WHY IS MY RAM SO HIGH?!

Solved: WHY IS MY RAM SO HIGH?!: It was a drivers update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-why-is-my-ram-so-high/0ab48c50-ba84-42d4-8097-886f66723608
  5. WHY IS MY RAM SO HIGH?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY RAM SO HIGH?!: I don't know why it's so high! I have 16 GB of ram! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-ram-so-high/0ab48c50-ba84-42d4-8097-886f66723608
  6. WHY IS MY RAM SO HIGH?!

WHY IS MY RAM SO HIGH?!: I don't know why it's so high! I have 16 GB of ram! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-ram-so-high/0ab48c50-ba84-42d4-8097-886f66723608
  7. Why is my ping so high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my ping so high?: I use ethernet and my ping is usually 8-15 on games like Valorant and Overwatch, but suddenly my ping has been anywhere from 150-250 out of no where? I have no idea how to fix this and the only way i can get it down is to clean my pc with CCleaner every time I want to play a...
  8. Why is my ping so high?

Why is my ping so high?: I use ethernet and my ping is usually 8-15 on games like Valorant and Overwatch, but suddenly my ping has been anywhere from 150-250 out of no where? I have no idea how to fix this and the only way i can get it down is to clean my pc with CCleaner every time I want to play a...
  9. Why is storage so bad

Why is storage so bad: I got my laptop a few months ago with 56GB of storage and I loved it, however the storage is getting very bad,when I try to free up storage apps and games uses 21GB of storage but it doesn't add up and it shouldn't be taking up that much,Why do the system files take up 20GB...
  10. Why is storage so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is storage so bad: I got my laptop a few months ago with 56GB of storage and I loved it, however the storage is getting very bad,when I try to free up storage apps and games uses 21GB of storage but it doesn't add up and it shouldn't be taking up that much,Why do the system files take up 20GB...