Windows 10: Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio?

Discus and support Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new pc, and when I try to talk to my friends on discord, it won't let me talk, but rather, when I went to settings to try and fix it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aaron Hong1, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio?

I just got a new pc, and when I try to talk to my friends on discord, it won't let me talk, but rather, when I went to settings to try and fix it, I figured out that the input device I am using is picking up my pc audio instead of my voice. My headphones work on another pc, but not this one. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers of the Realtek audio, I tried going to BIOS, I did everything I could find on the internet, but I can't fix it.

:)

Aaron Hong1, Dec 9, 2023

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Dec 9, 2023
  3. sergO3 Win User
    Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? 281785d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-1.png

Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? 281786d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-2.png

Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? 281787d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-3.png

Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? 281788d1591261907t-headphones-microphone-not-detected-4.png
    ed.

sergO3, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Tung Vo Win User

Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio?

Microphone DETECTED, but not working Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? :(

Hey there,

FYI I'm using an audio adapter for my earphone.

The microphone is detected but doesnt work whether plugged in front or rear panel, though the audio works just fine. And I can't seem to find anybody having the same issue Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? :(

Things I've checked:

• Drivers updated
    • "Allow apps to use" turned on
    • Disabled and re-enabled microphone in device manager
    • Set microphone as default
    I've also troubleshooted but it didnt detect any problems at all

Is there any other solutions that may help?

Thankss!!

Tung Vo, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio?

1. Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio? - Similar Threads - Why microphone detecting

2. Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone detecting my pc audio?: I just got a new pc, and when I try to talk to my friends on discord, it won't let me talk, but rather, when I went to settings to try and fix it, I figured out that the input device I am using is picking up my pc audio instead of my voice. My headphones work on another pc,...
  3. My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 and I have a microphone. It's linked to an audio soundcard, the brand is Focusrite and the soundcard is Scarlett Solo. I use USB to connect the soundcard to the computer, and the microphone is connected to the soundcard.This is professional stuff....
  4. My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none

My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 and I have a microphone. It's linked to an audio soundcard, the brand is Focusrite and the soundcard is Scarlett Solo. I use USB to connect the soundcard to the computer, and the microphone is connected to the soundcard.This is professional stuff....
  5. Why is my pc detecting my microphone when it isnt plugged in, but isnt detecting it when it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc detecting my microphone when it isnt plugged in, but isnt detecting it when it...: so I have bought a new corsair jack off the official website and for some reason every time I plug in my mic it isn't detected, if I unplug the mic and leave the jack in it is suddenly detecting my mic. is there any way to fix this? Also my audio is working perfectly fine,...
  6. Why is my pc detecting my microphone when it isnt plugged in, but isnt detecting it when it...

Why is my pc detecting my microphone when it isnt plugged in, but isnt detecting it when it...: so I have bought a new corsair jack off the official website and for some reason every time I plug in my mic it isn't detected, if I unplug the mic and leave the jack in it is suddenly detecting my mic. is there any way to fix this? Also my audio is working perfectly fine,...
  7. My microphone detects audio from my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone detects audio from my headphones: I have no idea how to fix it, googled everything , still no answer, no its not "Listen to this device" problem, so please someone help me if they have an idea what could fix it....
  8. My PC Won't Detect My Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC Won't Detect My Microphone: I have a Corsair headset, the product name given on the headset is "Analog Headset" and the model name is "RDA0002". When I plug it into the audio jack on my laptop detects the headset and outputs audio fine however It doesn't even detect the Microphone, even when I select...
  9. My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio: I was trying to do a Discord call with friends on my computer Which has Windows 10, but it wasn't detecting my microphone at all, even though there were no detectable issues regarding that. I opened Audacity to see if it would detect my microphone, but it was instead...
  10. Audio/Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio/Microphone Not Detected: I have Windows 10. I use a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset until i noticed the microphone was not working. I checked the Sound in Control Panel and it used to say Turtle Beach Headset but now it only says speakers. Sometimes it will say Headphones, sometimes it would say...