Windows 10: Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

Discus and support Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrey Kondratovets, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in headphones.Windows 11 Home

:)

Andrey Kondratovets, Apr 18, 2024

2. Unable to open live stream on Global TV 10 app

Hi Dardi,

We would like to ask a few questions to help us isolate and address the issue.

• Were you able to open live stream using Global TV 10 app before?
    • If so, since when did the issue start?

While waiting for your response, we suggest performing the
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't hear me

Hi,

This could be due to drivers not being update.

Please try these methods.

Method 1 : Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Update sound/audio adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers

I would also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest audio drivers from the Manufacturer website.

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard
    • In run window type devmgmt.msc
    • Locate audio devices and expand the same
    • Right-click on the audio driver
      and then uninstall the drivers.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Now, please go to the manufacturer website and install
    the latest audio drivers.

Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

1. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open? - Similar Threads - Why microphone bootup

2. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  3. microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart: okay so i went to use a headset and i realised that people can hear what im hearing so i bring out a new microphone plug it in and use it but still use my headphones so the other microphnoe is 6 ft apart from me and THEY CAN STILL HEAR WHAT IM HEARING how do i fix...
  4. microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart: okay so i went to use a headset and i realised that people can hear what im hearing so i bring out a new microphone plug it in and use it but still use my headphones so the other microphnoe is 6 ft apart from me and THEY CAN STILL HEAR WHAT IM HEARING how do i fix...
  5. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  6. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  7. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why do i hear myself only when an app is using my microphone.: can someone help? submitted by /u/rozinpara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6sfaq/why_do_i_hear_myself_only_when_an_app_is_using_my/
  9. Microphone Hearing my own voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Hearing my own voice: I would like to know how to hear my own voice with no delay, i have an Astro A10 headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-hearing-my-own-voice/660faad0-306f-44b5-9bd3-210909266933
  10. Skype cannot hear my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype cannot hear my microphone: When I try to make a call on Skype I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me. If I open sound in the control panel and go tho recording it shows on the RHS that my computer is haring my microphone and registers up to the highest bar so has plenty of volume but...