Windows 10: why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

Discus and support why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ive tried many different headsets and the different audio jacks but with all the testing it only works when i plug the headset into the microphone jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ItsKai315, Dec 2, 2022.

1. ItsKai315 Win User

why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

ive tried many different headsets and the different audio jacks but with all the testing it only works when i plug the headset into the microphone jack and talk into the headphone but not the micthe mic picks up sound when the headset is connected into it on my phone but on the computer i have to speak into the headphonei dont think a cable splitter will work because the main issue is that sound only gets picked up when i talk into the headphone but not the microphone

:)

ItsKai315, Dec 2, 2022
  2. BackRooms Win User

my microphone is in the ear?

it does not have a mic next to it but i am plugging it into the microphone slot and it looks like the third one in the picture an dyes i do mean it is recordin audio from the left ear instead of the microphone

BackRooms, Dec 2, 2022
  3. my microphone is in the ear?

Your post is difficult to follow. Could you provde some clarification?

When you say that it "hears from the left ear" are you saying that your computer is picking up sound from the left ear cup rather than picking up sound from the headphone microphone? Please clarify.

I'm assuming that we are talking about wired headphones with a built-in microphone. If incorrect, for example, if you are using a seperate microphone, please advise.

If my assumption is correct, in addition to the above I would like to know 2 pieces on information:

1) On your computer, the headphone jack most likely has a symbol next to it. Does that symbol have a headset with or without a microphone?

2) What does the jack on you headphone cord look like? It should match one of these three configurations:

why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear [​IMG]

The first is a mono connection. The second is a stereo connection. The third is a stereo connection plus a microphone connection.

hsehestedt, Dec 2, 2022
  4. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.

Hi KennethClark9, My name is Jeremy, a Windows Community Member. I'll be happy to help you out today. Let’s see what I can do. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear :)

In order for us to help you better, can you please elaborate more by asking these questions.

- are you using an external microphone?

- what do you mean by "only works when you into the part where the ear goes?"

- Are your drivers are updated?

Looking forward to your response

Regards,

Jeremy

JeremyCountings, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

1. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear - Similar Threads - why microphone picking

2. Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio: This issue has persisted for a long time and all fixes i've tried have not worked, here is what ive tried to do to fix the issue:1. updated drivers2. replaced the audio jack in my computer3. swapped headphones after ensuring both work on other devices4. checked privacy...
  3. Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio: This issue has persisted for a long time and all fixes i've tried have not worked, here is what ive tried to do to fix the issue:1. updated drivers2. replaced the audio jack in my computer3. swapped headphones after ensuring both work on other devices4. checked privacy...
  4. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear: ive tried many different headsets and the different audio jacks but with all the testing it only works when i plug the headset into the microphone jack and talk into the headphone but not the micthe mic picks up sound when the headset is connected into it on my phone but on...
  5. why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my microphone only picking up audio when i talk into the part that goes around your ear: ive tried many different headsets and the different audio jacks but with all the testing it only works when i plug the headset into the microphone jack and talk into the headphone but not the micthe mic picks up sound when the headset is connected into it on my phone but on...
  6. Microphone is picking up my PC audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is picking up my PC audio.: I have an Asus motherboard with amd and realtek audio manager. I went threw countless fixes, but nothing worked. The Mic doesnt display any sounds in the sound control panel, yet it still picks up the audio. All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems found by...
  7. Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only working if I talk into the part where the ear goes.: Kinda hard to explain but any mic I try to use I have to talk directly to the place where people put the ear in, which is nasty. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-working-if-i-talk-into-the-part/f723cba6-bf9b-495a-8b14-402e32a75267
  8. Microphone only picking up static

Microphone only picking up static: I recently got a new computer and all I have for a mic/headphones is a cheap pair of headphones with an inline mic. I bought an adaptor so I can use my headphones for discord but when I plugged in the adaptor, all my friends can hear is static when I talk. I can also hear the...
  9. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  10. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?: I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only...