Windows 10: Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids?

Discus and support Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have money in my Microsoft Account to purchase things on the XBox for myself. I just got a new laptop for my freshman who is homeschooling, and upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by loonybin41, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids?

I have money in my Microsoft Account to purchase things on the XBox for myself. I just got a new laptop for my freshman who is homeschooling, and upon adding his MS account to my Family, I noticed that my MS Account Balance is available for him to use. I got suspicious and checked my other kids, and my balance is available for them as well. I have not put any money in their accounts, but somehow they get access to mine, with no way to stop them from using it. This is not acceptable. How do I rectify this?

:)

loonybin41, Dec 6, 2023

2. To disable kid account to access Microsoft store.

I use microsoft account for parental control.

The Microsoft store in adult account (admin) has been removed in Powershell

Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

But same command does not work in kid account. Anyone can suggest how to remove window store to avoid kids download and install APP? Thanks

Kelvin_2018, Dec 6, 2023
  3. DougJahns Win User
    Why can't I use my own Microsoft Account Balance as the payment method to add funds to the other Accounts within my family?

I'd like to add some funds to my kids account.

Family all setup.

Add funds link... no problem.

Change Payment method... ok.

On that page, my Microsoft Account is listed as one of my payment methods and it has a healthy balance.

However, that payment method is greyed out (not a selectable option).

Why? If I've got funds, why can't I transfer them to my kids to spend in the store on their games and their devices?

DougJahns, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids?

New Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-895bc1f95bdd

Browsers and Mail - How to Start and Exit Kids Mode Browsing in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Browsers and Mail - How to Turn On or Off Ask Age Range before Starting Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Browsers and Mail - How to Change Age Range to Always Start Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Browsers and Mail - How to Allow or Block Websites for Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids?

1. Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Account

2. Audio balance not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio balance not available: My sound has gone out of balance and in my sound, headphones, levels. I only have one sound setting and cannot adjust the balance L and R. How do i re enable this?...
  3. Audio balance not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio balance not available: My sound has gone out of balance and in my sound, headphones, levels. I only have one sound setting and cannot adjust the balance L and R. How do i re enable this?...
  4. Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids?

Why is my Microsoft Account Balance available to my kids?: I have money in my Microsoft Account to purchase things on the XBox for myself. I just got a new laptop for my freshman who is homeschooling, and upon adding his MS account to my Family, I noticed that my MS Account Balance is available for him to use. I got suspicious and...
  5. Microsoft Account Balance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Balance Issues: I am trying to buy a movie for $5 using my account balance, but I cannot see an option to use it. The only three options are using a credit or debit card, PayPal or a phone. Something that I find odd is that I have sufficient funds, but using that money is still not an...
  6. Microsoft Account Balance Issues

Microsoft Account Balance Issues: I am trying to buy a movie for $5 using my account balance, but I cannot see an option to use it. The only three options are using a credit or debit card, PayPal or a phone. Something that I find odd is that I have sufficient funds, but using that money is still not an...
  7. My microsoft store isnt showing my updated account balance

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft store isnt showing my updated account balance: so basically i wanted to buy something from the store so i put in 10 dollars through my account on google but when i go to microsoft store it still says i have 0 dollars even though i spent the money to put the 10 dollars. when i go to my account through google, it says i...
  8. transfer microsoft balance from child account to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    transfer microsoft balance from child account to my account: Hello, Please help me with this issue. I've tried to put some money in my microsoft account for my son to buy vbucks. I don't know how, but the money are in his account and not in my account where he play the game. The 2 accounts are under a family account. Can you give me...
  9. spending microsoft account balance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spending microsoft account balance: I have a balance in my Microsoft account. I want to purchase items in a game I downloaded from Microsoft. When I try to make the purchase, I can't figure how to change how I pay - don't want to use my Pay Pal account or a credit card. Can any one help me? Please and Thank...
  10. Setup family account for my kids

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setup family account for my kids: I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it says that ithe email does not exist. What has happened here as it's definitely been registered. And confirm email sent. Please...