Windows 10: Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game?

Discus and support Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; * Original post title: Why? and Original post date: February 26, 2020 I had to repost this because Microsoft had locked my Original post!!! Why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frank_Jr, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Frank_Jr Win User

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game?

* Original post title: Why? and Original post date: February 26, 2020

I had to repost this because Microsoft had locked my Original post!!!

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode shortly after, while playing a install PC Game on my computer and it is only while I am playing a computer game and this has been happening on and off for a few years now!!! My graphics card drivers is up to date And my system Sleep & Power is set to Never go to Sleep &Never go into Standby Mode and never shutdown Hard drives or the Monitor.

Help me!!!

I don't why Microsoft doesn't fix these issues with all the data that they collet from us!

My computer is becoming increasingly not fun to used and boring.

Very PISS-OFF Windows 10 User

March 26, 2020 I added this comment:

Well it's been a month now since I first wrote this, and I haven't heard from anyone about my problem a was right about Microsoft they don't have any answers to give to me and they have no intentions of helping me out with this problem at all

Still haven't gotten any type of help!!!

:)

Frank_Jr, Jun 27, 2020

2. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Please take a picture of the other port on your Monitor, it is Benq but you didn't list model number.

Your PC has HDMI and your monitor likely DVI.

You can get and HDMI to DVI cable and your resolution will improve a great deal.

List HDMI

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game? [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Frank_Jr Win User
    Why?

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a PC Game and its only playing a computer game and this has been happening on and off for a few years now!!!

Help me!!!

I don't why Microsoft doesn't fix these issues with all the data that they collet from us!

My computer is becoming increasingly not fun to used and boring.

Very PISS-OFF Windows 10 User

Frank_Jr, Jun 27, 2020
  4. newu873 Win User

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game?

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Hi Ken,

Your reply solved my monitor issue of not remaining in stand-by mode as long as wanted.
    I set OFF in the monitor menu the Auto Power and it worked. But I never touched this menu after
    using it only once after buying this monitor. So actually I don't get how & why this parameter had
    any effect on the stand-by mode now and not before this during 8 years.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

newu873, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game? - Similar Threads - Why monitor going

2. My laptop shuts down after playing games for a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shuts down after playing games for a while: Since I have upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop, it can't run games for more than about 40 minutes. This thing didn't happen when I had windows 7. I think this is an overheating issue and from what I remember, on windows 7 I had to do some settings to solve this problem. Any...
  3. BSOD after playing certain games for a while

BSOD after playing certain games for a while: I've been having blue screens recently after playing certain games DBZ Kakarot and Prison Architect so far have given me blue screens consistently and I can't seem to fix it. I have stress tested every single component on my computer in various ways, but it only happens when...
  4. 2nd Monitor Standby Mode Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor Standby Mode Upon Reboot: So I'm running dual monitors and I noticed after a fresh install of W10 that the 2nd monitor stays in standby mode when I reboot. What's annoying are all my gadgets that are spread between the 2 monitors get re-arranged to the main monitor. I'm able to get the monitor to...
  5. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!: Hello, I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to not turn off its display. It turns out that there is some very tiny drifting going on with my Afterglow Xbox One Gamepad...
  6. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop. My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required, but goes OFF both when the PC is idle & ON and when the PC is sleeping. The same monitor used to remain in stand-by mode...
  7. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??: I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop. My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required, but goes OFF both when the PC is idle & ON and when the PC is sleeping. The same monitor used to remain in stand-by mode forever...
  8. Screen going black while playing appaently random games

Screen going black while playing appaently random games: I have a long-time issue I can't figure out so I decided to ask for the common knowledge of the community to help me out. I have a weird issue with certain games but I can't see any apparent pattern in it. Some games show this issue, some don't. When I start playing,...
  9. Bsod after playing demanding games for a while

Bsod after playing demanding games for a while: Hello there, I've built a new gaming pc a few months ago (in March). Due the lack of good experience with the building itself, I've used another forum for finding the components and their compatibility with each other, and a professional shop to built it and install the...
  10. My laptop keeps going in standby mode randomly after windows 10 update

My laptop keeps going in standby mode randomly after windows 10 update: my pc keeps going into sleep mode randomly, doesnt matter what i am doing. and when i press the on button again it just continues wherever i was, super weird and pretty annoying. I am really bad at computerstuff so i have no clue what to do, I can't play games online anymore...