Windows 10: Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game?

Discus and support Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; * Original post title: Why? and Original post date: February 26, 2020 I had to repost this because Microsoft had locked my Original post!!! Why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frank_Jr, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Frank_Jr Win User

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game?

* Original post title: Why? and Original post date: February 26, 2020

I had to repost this because Microsoft had locked my Original post!!!

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode shortly after, while playing a install PC Game on my computer and it is only while I am playing a computer game and this has been happening on and off for a few years now!!! My graphics card drivers is up to date And my system Sleep & Power is set to Never go to Sleep &Never go into Standby Mode and never shutdown Hard drives or the Monitor.

Help me!!!

I don't why Microsoft doesn't fix these issues with all the data that they collet from us!

My computer is becoming increasingly not fun to used and boring.

Very PISS-OFF Windows 10 User

March 26, 2020 I added this comment:

Well it's been a month now since I first wrote this, and I haven't heard from anyone about my problem a was right about Microsoft they don't have any answers to give to me and they have no intentions of helping me out with this problem at all

Still haven't gotten any type of help!!!

:)

Frank_Jr, Jun 27, 2020

2. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Please take a picture of the other port on your Monitor, it is Benq but you didn't list model number.

Your PC has HDMI and your monitor likely DVI.

You can get and HDMI to DVI cable and your resolution will improve a great deal.

List HDMI

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game? [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Frank_Jr Win User
    Why?

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a PC Game and its only playing a computer game and this has been happening on and off for a few years now!!!

Help me!!!

I don't why Microsoft doesn't fix these issues with all the data that they collet from us!

My computer is becoming increasingly not fun to used and boring.

Very PISS-OFF Windows 10 User

Frank_Jr, Jun 27, 2020
  4. newu873 Win User

Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game?

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Hi Ken,

Your reply solved my monitor issue of not remaining in stand-by mode as long as wanted.
    I set OFF in the monitor menu the Auto Power and it worked. But I never touched this menu after
    using it only once after buying this monitor. So actually I don't get how & why this parameter had
    any effect on the stand-by mode now and not before this during 8 years.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

newu873, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is my monitor going into Standby Mode after a little while starting and playing a game? - Similar Threads - Why monitor going

2. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  3. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  4. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Games crash after a little while of playing them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crash after a little while of playing them: So I play video games every couple of days and whenever I am playing they crash. Sometimes its within a few minutes and others after half an hour. I think there might be 2 factors to this. The games crash whenever I have discord or an outside audio playing at the same time....
  6. Games crash after a little while of playing them

Games crash after a little while of playing them: So I play video games every couple of days and whenever I am playing they crash. Sometimes its within a few minutes and others after half an hour. I think there might be 2 factors to this. The games crash whenever I have discord or an outside audio playing at the same time....
  7. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  8. Monitor Not Going To Standby

Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  9. Monitor Going to Standby and Need to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Going to Standby and Need to Restart: Hi, Recently my brand new monitor has been suddenly going to standby and the only way to wake it is to turn my PC off and on again. I previously had a dual monitor set-up and was having the same issues, so I know it isn't the monitor. I have Googled the issue and it...
  10. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!: Hello, I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to not turn off its display. It turns out that there is some very tiny drifting going on with my Afterglow Xbox One Gamepad...