Windows 10: why is my page scrolling so weird?

Discus and support why is my page scrolling so weird? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why is the page scrolling so erratic?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by annazuber2, Sep 10, 2021.

1. why is my page scrolling so weird?

why is the page scrolling so erratic?

:)

annazuber2, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 10, 2021
  3. UBCEric Win User
    Trying to scroll one page at a time with Word 2010

I have the same need except in the word application itself (not on a mobile device). If I can suggest anything to Microsoft: have a look at how Adobe fits the page then allows for advancing to the next page (there are no transition cues like with word where
    the page moves at the same time as the scroll bar).

A suggestion has been to use the double-arrow buttons below the scroll bar. This is an awfully congested tool because it includes many weird options (like scroll by graphic?) But it fails at scrolling by page. It just doesn't work! You still see your page
    partially concealed. It has no sense of the documents height/width.

UBCEric, Sep 10, 2021
  4. why is my page scrolling so weird?

What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

why is my page scrolling so weird?

1. why is my page scrolling so weird? - Similar Threads - why page scrolling

2. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?: Right now, I'm running on my PC Windows 10 Pro 19045 with all the updates installed. I verify through the photo I send attached that currently the size of the paging file that is being managed automatically by the system is about 8Gb. Considering that I am using a SATA SSD...
  3. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?: Right now, I'm running on my PC Windows 10 Pro 19045 with all the updates installed. I verify through the photo I send attached that currently the size of the paging file that is being managed automatically by the system is about 8Gb. Considering that I am using a SATA SSD...
  4. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i make it so the page up and page down buttons scroll smoothly?: would like to know how to do this as the sharp transition is quite jarring on my eyesthanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-it-so-the-page-up-and-page-down/2326d489-bab1-4091-8d79-8003f041d9ca
  6. Why does my screen display the colors so weirdly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my screen display the colors so weirdly?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/calliwagles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jezyso/why_does_my_screen_display_the_colors_so_weirdly/
  7. Weird scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird scrolling issue: I have this bizarre issue in some Microsoft apps (Groove music, settings, films and tv, Xbox companion & game bar, etc..) Where it scrolls all the way to the bottom and has the bottom box selected I did update to windows 2004 and I don't remember if it started before or...
  8. Weird scrolling glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird scrolling glitch: I don't know what I did but one or more of my keyboard keys are stuck pressed down. I dont even know which one, it's hard to figure out. But here are things that are happening: When I click on the volume icon in the taskbar, the volume keeps getting lowered by itself My...
  9. Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.: Only reason I ask is I've noticed a lot of people over the years have asked how to scroll to the bottom of a long web page quickly, and nobody (from the threads I looked at) seemed to know the answer. It's actually quite simple, just tap the "End" button on your keyboard....
  10. Why am I scrolling one page at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I scrolling one page at a time?: I am not sure where to post this but I guess I am wondering about performance. All seems to be working. Last December I built a new i7-4790k with 512GB SSD and 16 GB memory. I am using Windows 10 Pro...64 bit and all seems fast. My video card is an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti...