Windows 10: Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically?

Discus and support Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically? I am new to a house network that is also a semi-workplace for some people here. There is no AD or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ProBaby, Aug 6, 2020.

1. ProBaby Win User

Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically?

I am new to a house network that is also a semi-workplace for some people here. There is no AD or LDAP configuration here. Everyone is using their personal laptop with Windows 10 Home/Professional.

There are 3 desktop PC with Shared Folder configured. Recently, 1 of them says their files in the network drive got lost without any reason. Upon checking, they saw my PC name in "Network". We can open "Network" folder in our File explorer.

I never configured anything to appear in the "Network". How can I turn this off?

:)

ProBaby, Aug 6, 2020
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Aug 6, 2020
  3. JustRay Win User
    Why does my Windows 10 pro machine have thee active networks listed

Thanks for the reply.
    Here is a screen shot from "Winver" as well as a screen shot of my "Basic network information" screen.
    I know that my pc is using the network, named "NETWORK".
    I have figured out (found on the Internet) how to delete those other two networks that got created somehow.
    But I can't figure out why they were created (Thanks for your comments) not how to prevent them from being re-created on the pc restart following their deletion.
    Thanks for any additional insights and suggestions.

Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically? [​IMG]

Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically? [​IMG]

JustRay, Aug 6, 2020
  4. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is my PC appearing in "Network" automatically? - Similar Threads - Why appearing Network

2. Why does my iPhone mobile hotspot appear as a hidden network on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my iPhone mobile hotspot appear as a hidden network on my pc: When I go to my available networks my hotspot appears as hidden network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-iphone-mobile-hotspot-appear-as-a/09042c97-f662-4148-a128-c32e4059cd71
  3. Why does my iPhone mobile hotspot appear as a hidden network on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my iPhone mobile hotspot appear as a hidden network on my pc: When I go to my available networks my hotspot appears as hidden network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-iphone-mobile-hotspot-appear-as-a/09042c97-f662-4148-a128-c32e4059cd71
  4. PC automatically connects to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC automatically connects to a network: So I recently moved to a new place and have never bought my PC. However, I have brought my laptop before and its connected to the same microsoft account as my PC. A few days later I brought over my PC and it automatically connected to the new house's WIFI. Is there anything I...
  5. PC automatically connects to a network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC automatically connects to a network: So I recently moved to a new place and have never bought my PC. However, I have brought my laptop before and its connected to the same microsoft account as my PC. A few days later I brought over my PC and it automatically connected to the new house's WIFI. Is there anything I...
  6. My Flashdisk Doesn't Appear Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Flashdisk Doesn't Appear Automatically: I have used my 8Gb Flashdisk as bootable disk. But any problem when I try bootable, so I force to pull out it. When I booting to Windows and open File Manager, my flashdisk can't show up. I have checked disk manager and I see my flashdisk (I want to format it but It can't),...
  7. Suddenly, PC won't automatically connect to my network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly, PC won't automatically connect to my network: This started about a week ago. I get home, sit down and fire up my PC and I have no internet connection. I am hardwired to my network but it shows as "unidentified network". The windows diagnostic yields "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration" or something. The only...
  8. [Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] NAS+PC not appearing in Network: I have this on going issue where my NAS and various PC's connected to my network don't appear in the network explorer. I have fixed this multiple times after fresh installs but each time the fix that works varies. I have tried the following fixes and the sharing settings...
  9. No networks appearing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No networks appearing?: Alright so, new laptop. I was on it later today and it worked fine. No ethernet cable or anything. Then i turned it off for a few hours. Now im on it right now, and now its saying it needs a ethernet cable? How do i change back to how it was before so i can connect to the...
  10. Cannot RD into a PC that appears on my private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot RD into a PC that appears on my private network: Hello, I have a PC that does appear on my private wifi network where it is set to be discoverable. It also shows up on my public wifi network (home network) and I can remote into it. Both networks are 2.4 GH. On that PC I have set the computer up to be discoverable and...