Windows 10: Why is my PC auto-installing 2nd Mouse Driver - makes my mouse crazy !

Discus and support Why is my PC auto-installing 2nd Mouse Driver - makes my mouse crazy ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After this most recent Win 10 Update - my USB mouse started going Crazzy - roaming/jumping around - opening apps on it's own - all sort of weird stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TerryFabbri, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Why is my PC auto-installing 2nd Mouse Driver - makes my mouse crazy !

After this most recent Win 10 Update - my USB mouse started going Crazzy - roaming/jumping around - opening apps on it's own - all sort of weird stuff !

I tracked it down to three Mouse Drivers in Device Manager - deleted all three - rebooted and auto installed fresh/one Mouse Driver - one driver all AOK - so it's all good right ?

Well - now once or twice a day my Mouse goes Crazzy again - I check back in Device Manager - and somehow a 2nd mouse driver gets installed - causing new conflict - have to go back and delete that new/added driver.

My Updates are set correctly - and "should not" be auto downloading/installing anything in my mind.

Any idea how to overcome this problem ? The mouse gets so crazzed makes it a chore to get back in and delete this added driver.

Muich appreciated !

:)

TerryFabbri, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Keyboard and Mouse Drivers fail to install

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse drivers, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you checked in safe mode if it's the same?
    • Have you tried downloading the latest driver for your mouse and keyboard? If not, we suggest that you check the manufacturer's website for the latest driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Why is my PC auto-installing 2nd Mouse Driver - makes my mouse crazy !

Problems with KB3194496 update not recognizing bluetooth mouse

Hi,

We would suggest you to update the driver of your mouse.

To update your mouse driver, follow the steps below:

• Make sure that your wireless mouse is connected to your PC.
    • Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Mice and other pointing device and double-click on it.
    • Look for your mouse name and right-click on it and select properties.
    • Once your mouse tab appears, select Driver and click
      Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

If that does not work, we recommend you to download the latest drivers from the website of your mouse manufacturer and install it manually.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Why is my PC auto-installing 2nd Mouse Driver - makes my mouse crazy !

1. Why is my PC auto-installing 2nd Mouse Driver - makes my mouse crazy ! - Similar Threads - Why auto installing

2. 2.4 mouse driver going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2.4 mouse driver going crazy: My Logitech g703 is working fine, on other computer and even the one im talking about, once i remove the 2.4 mouse driver ,but if i reset the pc that driver comes back and the scroll wheel bug that scrollers to the right for some reason keeps happening, please assist...
  3. 2.4 mouse driver going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2.4 mouse driver going crazy: My Logitech g703 is working fine, on other computer and even the one im talking about, once i remove the 2.4 mouse driver ,but if i reset the pc that driver comes back and the scroll wheel bug that scrollers to the right for some reason keeps happening, please assist...
  4. 2.4 mouse driver going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Keyboard and Mouse Goes Crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Keyboard and Mouse Goes Crazy.: Anyone can help me please? My Mouse and Keyboard it's goes crazy.... and it's make unsuable. If i need to use i need to press Ctrl + Alt + Del every any seconds to make it usable. It's drivers thing or anything? Anf i just double click on anygame or any files it's open...
  6. My Keyboard and Mouse Goes Crazy.

My Keyboard and Mouse Goes Crazy.: Anyone can help me please? My Mouse and Keyboard it's goes crazy.... and it's make unsuable. If i need to use i need to press Ctrl + Alt + Del every any seconds to make it usable. It's drivers thing or anything? Anf i just double click on anygame or any files it's open...
  7. Crazy Mouse Clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crazy Mouse Clicking: Appearing more than mouse-clicking automatically with losing control of it until switch off, I've already updated windows to 11 with an update and it still appears and then downgraded to windows 10 and it isn't solved. The photos explain the problem....
  8. Crazy Mouse Clicking

Crazy Mouse Clicking: Appearing more than mouse-clicking automatically with losing control of it until switch off, I've already updated windows to 11 with an update and it still appears and then downgraded to windows 10 and it isn't solved. The photos explain the problem....
  9. Crazy Mouse Clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Help! My Mouse Is Crazy!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My Mouse Is Crazy!: So whenever I click on an application (we'll take chrome for an example), my mouse will completely focus on only the segment I clicked on. For an example: I clicked on the add new tabs button but I have to double click it so it can confirm to focus on the part that lines the...