Windows 10: why is my pc faster after changing virtual memory file size?

Discus and support why is my pc faster after changing virtual memory file size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dell inspiron 7567 game, it's a pretty decent notebook and never let me down on games, but me and my coworkers noticed only yesterday that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blukke, Dec 4, 2019.

1. /u/blukke Win User

why is my pc faster after changing virtual memory file size?

I have a dell inspiron 7567 game, it's a pretty decent notebook and never let me down on games, but me and my coworkers noticed only yesterday that it was freezing when opening google chrome (to the point of freezing the whole computer). I have an antivirus and an antimalware, both paid, but i ran a few scans to make sure and checked the integrity of files with scannow and ran a maintenance through windows 10 security and maintenance and everything was fine.

I have 8GB of ram + 8GB on video card, so i followed the instructions of the mininum recommended being 1.5 and maximum 3 x the total of the physical ram of the computer and all that and the result was a bit smaller than the total available on the menu of virtual memory and in the second that i made those changes my computer was like fresh new again. But as far as I've searched, everywhere was saying that the pc becomes slower when doing this and now im lost lol.

submitted by /u/blukke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blukke, Dec 4, 2019

2. How much virtual memory to put to make my pc faster?

Hi elyasaf3

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Virtually is not a way to make your computer faster, its a contingency in case your system runs out available main memory to store programs. Virtual Memory uses your local storage and its a little slower.

Here are steps how to increase it:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-fi...

If you really want to make your computer faster, you need install an SSD drive and or more physical RAM.

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Dec 4, 2019
  3. virtual memory in windows 10 is broken?!

1-Virtual memory will never make your computer faster. It may in fact slow it down. RAM is always faster than virtual memory (page file)

2-The page file size is of little importance. General wisdom suggests making it 1.5 times installed ram. BUT AGAIN whether you have 20Mb of virtual memory or 20,000 Mb of it you computer speed will be the same. YOu may be able to run more things at the
    same time but you cannot make your computer faster through it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 4, 2019
  4. why is my pc faster after changing virtual memory file size?

Error: Low Virtual Memory on Windows 10, How much virtual memory should I program?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with memory on your laptop, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• When exactly you are getting this error code?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I would suggest you to try the following steps to change virtual Memory on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type This PC and select it.
    • Right click on This PC and click on Properties.
    • In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click
      Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click
      Change.
    • Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in
      megabytes
      in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size
      (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK. (Size depends up on the available storage space)
    Note: Increases in size usually don't require a restart for the changes to take effect, but if you decrease the size, you'll need to restart your computer. We recommend that you don't disable or delete the paging file.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

why is my pc faster after changing virtual memory file size?

1. why is my pc faster after changing virtual memory file size? - Similar Threads - why faster changing

2. Why the virtual memory can't change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the virtual memory can't change?: Hello, I try to change the virtual memory of my laptop but It can't change. It only had 16 mb virtual memory no matter how many time I changed the number. Does it need a permission or something? The proccesor used was intel core i3 11th gen with 4 gb DDR4 memory. Thank you...
  3. Why the virtual memory can't change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the virtual memory can't change?: Hello, I try to change the virtual memory of my laptop but It can't change. It only had 16 mb virtual memory no matter how many time I changed the number. Does it need a permission or something? The proccesor used was intel core i3 11th gen with 4 gb DDR4 memory. Thank you...
  4. virtual memory change worries?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual memory change worries?: What values should I keep in my virtual memory in Windows 10. I have 8GB of RAM.When I open the advanced settings it says on Windows C- I have available 43970grayed outThen below it says Total paging file size for all drives:Minimum allowed-- 16MBrecommended-- 1897...
  5. Info on the virtual memory size

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Info on the virtual memory size: Hi What does the virtual memory size depend on?Since I have a notebook with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD disk used for the VMs creation, what would be the recommended virtual memory size to avoid future problems? Thanks Bye 171363
  6. Virtual Memory Size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Memory Size: [ATTACH] Is it normal for Virtual memory to take this amount of space ? https://preview.redd.it/ovqvnas4ubg51.png?width=1199&format=png&auto=webp&s=8932c141dd2a781409d0ca9564d9dc86a869558f submitted by /u/Safodo [link] [comments]...
  7. Virtual Memory of pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Memory of pc: I want to reset my virtual memory of pc to default memory. So how to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-memory-of-pc/87494ac5-37eb-416c-95ca-3a3153216fda
  8. Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10: I want to change the virtual memory size in Windows 10. The instructions I have say to go to Control Panel > Appearance & Performance > Performance Options > Advanced, uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size," then set the values manually. However when I go to that...
  9. Change 'virtual' screen size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change 'virtual' screen size?: [ATTACH] I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a 27 inch 4K screen and a 15 inch 4K laptop screen. When I am on a desk, the 24 and 27 inch are mostly used, but as these screen...
  10. How much virtual memory to put to make my pc faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How much virtual memory to put to make my pc faster?: Hi how much virtual memory do I put to make my pc as fastest as possible? I have 4gb ram, Intel hd graphics 520 and intel core i3-6006U cpu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-virtual-memory-to-put-to-make-my-pc/2a2d3a5d-a10b-423b-8995-97fdb858672c