Windows 10: Why is my PC just freezing?

Discus and support Why is my PC just freezing? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Day, My PC is just freezing , even if I am busy working on it and then I have to restart it to proceed working on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JOYCEDE BRUYN1, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Why is my PC just freezing?

Good Day,

My PC is just freezing , even if I am busy working on it and then I have to restart it to proceed working on it.

:)

JOYCEDE BRUYN1, Jan 2, 2019

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jan 2, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Why is my PC just freezing?

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Why is my PC just freezing?

1. Why is my PC just freezing? - Similar Threads - Why freezing

2. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  3. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  4. Why is windows 11 kb 5035853 causing my PC to freeze?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows 11 kb 5035853 causing my PC to freeze?: I recently started having my PC freeze when trying to install a new fan controller from Corsair. I was told its drivers its this its that .. you might have a bad hard drive your ram could be bad.. people asking me if I tried turning it off and back on again. Some ask me to...
  5. Why is windows 11 kb 5035853 causing my PC to freeze?

Why is windows 11 kb 5035853 causing my PC to freeze?: I recently started having my PC freeze when trying to install a new fan controller from Corsair. I was told its drivers its this its that .. you might have a bad hard drive your ram could be bad.. people asking me if I tried turning it off and back on again. Some ask me to...
  6. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  7. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  8. why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?: my pc keeps freezing and sometimes the blue screen with error message pops up then my pc restarts, sometimes its only when i load a game or other times its right when i sign into my pc, how can i fix this issue? ive updated my drivers and other updates have been installed....
  9. why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?

why is my pc freezing anytime i try to play a game?: my pc keeps freezing and sometimes the blue screen with error message pops up then my pc restarts, sometimes its only when i load a game or other times its right when i sign into my pc, how can i fix this issue? ive updated my drivers and other updates have been installed....
  10. why does my Laptop freeze while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my Laptop freeze while playing: I have a brand new lenovo laptop which has a-i5-12450H-Intel UHD Graphics for 12th gen processorsWhile playing valorant , in mid game my laptop completely freezes, becomes unresponsive. I have to force shutdownI have updated the intel UHD drivers from Device manager, reduced...