Windows 10: why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take

Discus and support why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i dont understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aaron Da Silva, Aug 13, 2020.

1. why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take

why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take 784dc0e6-7b88-43f4-86ec-fc837d6d8910?upload=true.png i dont understand

:)

Aaron Da Silva, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Aug 13, 2020
  4. why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take

1. why is my pc only saying "Plugged in" and not showing how long the charge will take - Similar Threads - why saying Plugged

2. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  3. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  4. How long will resetting my PC take

How long will resetting my PC take: Having to reset my PC due to Windows 10 bug and broken updates.Very not happy with this b.s.How long will it take https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-resetting-my-pc-take/91145d3e-0500-4d7c-bfe8-ded25a9ff8db
  5. My battery charger is showing plugged in but battery is not charging. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery charger is showing plugged in but battery is not charging. Why?: My charger is plugged in but the battery is not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-charger-is-showing-plugged-in-but/8b984ed2-f3b9-47b2-b39f-cac7215f4aaf
  6. My battery charger is showing plugged in but battery is not charging. Why?

My battery charger is showing plugged in but battery is not charging. Why?: My charger is plugged in but the battery is not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-charger-is-showing-plugged-in-but/8b984ed2-f3b9-47b2-b39f-cac7215f4aaf
  7. Battery says plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery says plugged in but not charging: Hello, I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270 and up until a few days ago I had no problems charging my two batteries. Now, however, Battery 2 will not charge beyond 3% and Battery 1 will charge only up to 53% and then it stops charging. I can not remove the battery from the...
  8. Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon only says "plugged in", but it still charges.: Recently my laptop -an Acer Aspire ES1-533- updated, and ever since whenever it's charging it says "plugged in". Before the update it would say "plugged in, charging." However, both times it's charged this week, it's charged all the way back up to 100%. There's nothing wrong...
  9. why dell laptop says plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why dell laptop says plugged in not charging: Dell Inspiron 15 3531 laptop still says Plugged in not charging after replacing battery and AC adapter. I've also tried uninstalling driver as suggested. Tapping F2 at startup doesn't access BIOS and it's out of warranty. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Was this...
  10. my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    my battery is plugged in but it says not charging: my battery is plugged in but it says not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-battery-is-plugged-in-but-it-says-not-charging/208669e3-cde4-48ec-8950-3968843463e4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only says plugged in