Windows 10: Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory?

Discus and support Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I left my PC on overnight and now it runs at 99%-80% memory/ram IDLE!! i can barely play games, how do I fix this? it was working just fine before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImSkirmish, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory?

/u/ImSkirmish, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Fortitude Win User

Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive.

Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown.

Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory? [​IMG]

I installed Poolmon and ran it and this is what I get.

Please note that the first entry does not show a tag. Is this normal?

According to the rest of the listing I should investigate Volsnap.sys and atc.sys. Could you advise what are the next steps?

Fortitude, Jun 6, 2020
  3. senvae Win User
    Memory usage 99% during idle and continues after reboot.

My boot scan had nothing special to report and now my memory usage is normal. I know this will creep up on me again. This probably won't show anything in the error logs... right? Let me post what I found in event viewer.

senvae, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory?

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory?

1. Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory? - Similar Threads - Why running idle

2. Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?: A lot of applications appear to be using memory in task manager, but I have nothing running and when I try to end a task, they appear again taking up memory. This has never been a problem before. I'm running Windows 11....
  3. Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?: A lot of applications appear to be using memory in task manager, but I have nothing running and when I try to end a task, they appear again taking up memory. This has never been a problem before. I'm running Windows 11....
  4. 99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging: in my pc , i got the new windows 11 home , from few days my pc is randomly showing 99% usadge of memory i.e ram in the task manager ,and the pc is hagging alot due to which i am not able to do anything , i have no apps or broweser aur anything open ,still its showing 99% of...
  5. 99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging

99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging: in my pc , i got the new windows 11 home , from few days my pc is randomly showing 99% usadge of memory i.e ram in the task manager ,and the pc is hagging alot due to which i am not able to do anything , i have no apps or broweser aur anything open ,still its showing 99% of...
  6. why is my computer idles at high memory usage ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my computer idles at high memory usage ?: windows start with 45% usagesince i use i gpu after sometime idles at 74% and sometimes even 90% nothing on task manager that's consuming so much ram any solutions ?...
  7. why is my computer idles at high memory usage ?

why is my computer idles at high memory usage ?: windows start with 45% usagesince i use i gpu after sometime idles at 74% and sometimes even 90% nothing on task manager that's consuming so much ram any solutions ?...
  8. Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time: I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive. Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown. [img] I installed Poolmon and ran it...
  9. Memory 99%

Memory 99%: Okay so lately I have been noticing my Memory spike up to 80% then 90% and higher up to 99% even while playing a game. Even after closing said game the memory would keep spiking. It feels like the longer the computer is on, the more it keeps increasing in Memory load. I have...
  10. Memory usage 99% during idle and continues after reboot.

Memory usage 99% during idle and continues after reboot.: A while ago, after upgrading to Win10, my memory usage jumped to 99% percent while watching a movie via VLC player. I couldn't find anything in the task manager that seemed to use up all 16 gb of my memory, the new layout of task manager confused me a bit, so I simply...