Windows 10: why is my pc slow to move from window to window - windows 10

Discus and support why is my pc slow to move from window to window - windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why is my pc slow to move from window to window - windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LaurenGisinKelly, Nov 20, 2019.

1. why is my pc slow to move from window to window - windows 10

why is my pc slow to move from window to window - windows 10

:)

LaurenGisinKelly, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 20, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. why is my pc slow to move from window to window - windows 10 - Similar Threads - why slow move

2. windows 10 update slow my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 update slow my pc: i tried 1 clean boot2 prefomnce sittings 3 i reinstaled window 10 4 i revert back to windows 8 5 i did full scan malware and everything6 i ve updated all drivers 7 updated bios still nothing happen my disk usage sometime rise to 100% along with the cpu but am not spending...
  3. WINDOWS 11 WHY IS IT SLOWING MY PC DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 WHY IS IT SLOWING MY PC DOWN: WHY IS 11 SLOWING MY PC WAY DOWN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-why-is-it-slowing-my-pc-down/09bf7741-05da-4232-ba77-122912641d11
  4. WINDOWS 11 WHY IS IT SLOWING MY PC DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 WHY IS IT SLOWING MY PC DOWN: WHY IS 11 SLOWING MY PC WAY DOWN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-why-is-it-slowing-my-pc-down/09bf7741-05da-4232-ba77-122912641d11
  5. Why is my PC this slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my PC this slow?: I have a GTX 1050ti with an i5 7500 and 8gb of ram. When I bought the pc, it was very fast. Of course, it gets slower upon time but it shouldn't be this slow. I check every 3 days for viruses with ESET, nothing is infected. I have free space as I said above (1tb HDD only)....
  6. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  7. Why is my Windows 10 PC running so slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Windows 10 PC running so slow?: So, basically I’ve had this computer for about 2 years now and whenever I’ve tried to play pc games on steam such as CSGO, War thunder and Crossout. It’s been so slow. Even on the lowest graphic settings, all I can get is a measly 30 FPS. Mind you, it uses a newer-line Dell...
  8. Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow to respond to moving a window: Hi, We recently installed two brand new windows 10 professional systems. System specs on both systems are business grade, and far exceed the windows 7 systems they replaced. However, we are seeing an odd slow-to-respond issue. Specifically, when grabbing and moving...
  9. Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another

Moving windows 10 from 1 PC to another: Back in, probably 2010, I bought Windows 7 from the MS store. Then in 2014, I got the free upgrade to Windows 10, and a few times I've re-installed windows on that PC, and it all went fine because it said it was using my Digital licence linked to my MS outlook account....
  10. moving the windows 10 home from laptop to pc

moving the windows 10 home from laptop to pc: hello everyone! i have a windows 10 home version ,installed on my laptop. But now i want to buy a desktop . so how can i use the windows 10 with product key, installed on my laptop to desktop? i will not use the same windows 10 in both device in short i want to move or...