Windows 10: Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden

Discus and support Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently bought a pc for gaming and it has been fine for a couple weeks until today. It is very laggy on every program, My specs are i5 7500 ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JettC09, Jan 7, 2022.

1. JettC09 Win User

Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden

I have recently bought a pc for gaming and it has been fine for a couple weeks until today. It is very laggy on every program, My specs are i5 7500 , gtx 970, 16gb ram, 1tb hhd, 110gb ssd. When i try to watch a video on youtube it is very laggy and it freezes then unfreezes. Everything is very delayed, i was thinking it is some kind of virus but im not to sure, I really need some help.

:)

JettC09, Jan 7, 2022
  2. arthr Win User

graphics on my PC have been super laggy

Hi everyone, have been trying to follow this thread and have tried most things but now feel like I've exhausted most efforts..

Since updating to 19041.630 the graphics on my PC have been super laggy, I've tried to do a repair install from USB, have run SFC/DISM a million times but keep getting "Problem with BITS service... HELPMSG 2182.." in the troubleshooting.

Any suggestions from this initial bit of info.. my next step will be a clean install *Party

arthr, Jan 7, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Laggy

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in Troubleshoot
    lags or freezes in Windows
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also go through the suggestions given in Tips to improve PC performance in Windows
    to help make your PC run better.

Note:

Reset will result in the loss of data and the applications installed. You may take a backup of the data before reset.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden

1. Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden - Similar Threads - Why laggy sudden

2. GPU suddenly at 100%, all games suddenly laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU suddenly at 100%, all games suddenly laggy: Hi,Earlier today, gaming was absolutely fine. Everything was crisp, GPU was not even close to 100%, Took a 1 hour break, come back, any game I open is unplayably laggy, my GPU is at 100% and the game is completely unplayable.Computer is working fine normally, but when I...
  3. GPU suddenly at 100%, all games suddenly laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU suddenly at 100%, all games suddenly laggy: Hi,Earlier today, gaming was absolutely fine. Everything was crisp, GPU was not even close to 100%, Took a 1 hour break, come back, any game I open is unplayably laggy, my GPU is at 100% and the game is completely unplayable.Computer is working fine normally, but when I...
  4. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy: I have an ASUS TUF Dash F15 that I purchased back in July. The performance has been nothing but amazing. However, since late November, I've been experiencing a lot of lag in switching tabs, opening new windows, opening apps, and even things like typing become slow and my...
  5. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy: I have an ASUS TUF Dash F15 that I purchased back in July. The performance has been nothing but amazing. However, since late November, I've been experiencing a lot of lag in switching tabs, opening new windows, opening apps, and even things like typing become slow and my...
  6. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why am i so laggy with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i so laggy with my laptop: Hello I've owned my laptop for about a year almost two and it's gotten insanely slower i have parents that have owned theirs longer than mine and I'm afraid I might have downloaded malware etc. and i was hoping i could get some help...
  8. Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden

Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden: I have recently bought a pc for gaming and it has been fine for a couple weeks until today. It is very laggy on every program, My specs are i5 7500 , gtx 970, 16gb ram, 1tb hhd, 110gb ssd. When i try to watch a video on youtube it is very laggy and it freezes then unfreezes....
  9. Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden

Why is my PC so laggy? All of a sudden: I have recently bought a pc for gaming and it has been fine for a couple weeks until today. It is very laggy on every program, My specs are i5 7500 , gtx 970, 16gb ram, 1tb hhd, 110gb ssd. When i try to watch a video on youtube it is very laggy and it freezes then unfreezes....
  10. My PC is so laggy

My PC is so laggy: I restarted my pc 3 days ago and it went straight to automatic repair saying my pc could not be powered on and all and after I ran the chkdsk for 6 hours it was done and my pc was coming on but I couldnt do a system restore anymore, couldnt boot into safe mode and a lot of...