Windows 10: Why is my PC stuck in Windows recovery and I can’t get out?

Discus and support Why is my PC stuck in Windows recovery and I can’t get out? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i also don't have an administrative account to use command promt or anything else but windows is stuck in recovery and all it says it is “automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iadeash, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Iadeash Win User

Why is my PC stuck in Windows recovery and I can’t get out?

i also don't have an administrative account to use command promt or anything else but windows is stuck in recovery and all it says it is “automatic repair couldnt repair your PC” “Log file F:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt” is all it says and its been stuck like this since Dec 29th. Sorry for the mess of a message.

:)

Iadeash, Jan 20, 2023

2. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Jan 20, 2023
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jan 20, 2023
  4. Why is my PC stuck in Windows recovery and I can’t get out?

stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

Why is my PC stuck in Windows recovery and I can’t get out?

1. Why is my PC stuck in Windows recovery and I can’t get out? - Similar Threads - Why stuck recovery

2. Why is pc recovery stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is pc recovery stuck?: Bought a pre owned laptop I know Had some issues with crashes then eventually it failed to boot.Did a re install of Windows which helped til I shut down then same issue.I managed to do a diagnostic before shutting down and apparently my SSD was at fault so I bought a new one...
  3. Why is pc recovery stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is pc recovery stuck?: Bought a pre owned laptop I know Had some issues with crashes then eventually it failed to boot.Did a re install of Windows which helped til I shut down then same issue.I managed to do a diagnostic before shutting down and apparently my SSD was at fault so I bought a new one...
  4. Why is pc recovery stuck?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is my PC stuck in Automatic Repair and I can’t get out?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my PC stuck in Automatic Repair and I can’t get out?: i also don't have an administrative account to use command promt or anything else but windows is stuck in recovery and all it says it is “automatic repair couldnt repair your PC” “Log file F:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt” is all it says and its been stuck like...
  6. Why is my PC stuck in Automatic Repair and I can’t get out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC stuck in Automatic Repair and I can’t get out?: i also don't have an administrative account to use command promt or anything else but windows is stuck in recovery and all it says it is “automatic repair couldnt repair your PC” “Log file F:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt” is all it says and its been stuck like...
  7. Why is my PC stuck in Automatic Repair and I can’t get out?

8. Why can’t I get out of the 3D viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I get out of the 3D viewer: I have tried both warm and cold booting yet the 3D viewer is still up. How do I exit it. Escape button is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-out-of-the-3d-viewer/a2e8b1ee-1b9d-4d8c-8ab3-12b265f5e29b
  9. Why can’t I get out of the 3D viewer

Why can’t I get out of the 3D viewer: I have tried both warm and cold booting yet the 3D viewer is still up. How do I exit it. Escape button is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-out-of-the-3d-viewer/a2e8b1ee-1b9d-4d8c-8ab3-12b265f5e29b
  10. Why can’t I get out of the 3D viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can’t I get out of the 3D viewer: Ive tried to unplug the power and plug back and ive tried to long hold power button and alt f4 and ctrl alt f4 still didnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-out-of-the-3d-viewer/3c2c73b3-e050-4004-bccf-b88658d79d9e