Windows 10: Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal?

Discus and support Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I factory reset last night and I went to sleep with it at 1%, and I woke up 8 hours later with it at 8%. Usually it takes like 3 hours for my pc to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TechAdvancements, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal?

So I factory reset last night and I went to sleep with it at 1%, and I woke up 8 hours later with it at 8%. Usually it takes like 3 hours for my pc to reset, but its already been so much longer.

Is there a problem?

submitted by /u/TechAdvancements
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TechAdvancements, Oct 14, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Resetting my computer taking days

Hi everyone,

I had a 100% disk usage issue tried every troubleshooting steps i could find online nothing worked. So i decided to do a full clean hdd factory reset but it's currently been 2 days 10hrs and the computer is only at 65% it still goes up but it's taking really
    long is this normal?

Any suggestions?

lornemiller1, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal?

factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal?

1. Why is my PC taking longer to factory reset than normal? - Similar Threads - Why taking longer

2. Why didn't a factory reset work on my pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why didn't a factory reset work on my pc: This computer used to be my sister in laws. It had so child locks on it to make it so they couldn't use certain apps at all. Now it's doing that to me for most of my apps I've tried factory resetting it but it's not working. It's like a virus....
  3. Why didn't a factory reset work on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why didn't a factory reset work on my pc: This computer used to be my sister in laws. It had so child locks on it to make it so they couldn't use certain apps at all. Now it's doing that to me for most of my apps I've tried factory resetting it but it's not working. It's like a virus....
  4. Why didn't a factory reset work on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.: Hello, I'm resetting my Windows 10 PC and it's taking a much longer time than I anticipated. It is steadily increasing in percentage, so I know it hasn't failed. But I was told this would take somewhere in the realm of half an hour to 3/4 hours. It is now taken roughly 9...
  6. Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.: Hello, I'm resetting my Windows 10 PC and it's taking a much longer time than I anticipated. It is steadily increasing in percentage, so I know it hasn't failed. But I was told this would take somewhere in the realm of half an hour to 3/4 hours. It is now taken roughly 9...
  7. Windows 10 PC reset taking longer than expected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?: Before returning home i asked someone to do aReset, took less than an hour, turned out they pressed the wrong option and kept the personal files, i re did it but with the 2nd option that wipes everything out and its been stuck at 31% for quite a while am i just stressed or is...
  9. Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10: i have a new hp laptop with windows10 built-in. less than a week the restart option takes a long time. over 3 minutes it goes over : 1. hp logo screen 2. wait screen 3 .windows welcome screen 4.It takes a while to display my name with Hello if i choose shut-down...
  10. Pc reset taking longer than expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc reset taking longer than expected: Due to performance issues and a strange issue with my logins not saving correctly for multiple apps I have attempted to reset Windows. I began the reset about 5 hours ago selecting the option to remove all personal files and it is currently only on 19% Is this normal?...